Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach
I went early to the game when Paintsville played Magoffin so I could watch the JV, does that man ever coach ? I know He could play, but those young men need someone like MR Rice, seems like He tries to help. It looks like Pville does have some good young Kids on the way up ,should be tuff in a couple more years with what they already have ,cant wait.
Not to take anything away from his playing skills, as he was a good player. Good players do not allways make good coaches. He does not seem to understand what he is doing. He allways seem lost. He runs players in and out with out with out any rhyme or reason. He for instance at the Magoffin game that you mentioned had a lead and began trading player in and out and lost big. I agree Adam Rice the better Choice.
Seems like Mat would see that and want the better coach, it would be better on him.
WTH is up with this thread?!?! This is the dumbest stuff I have ever read...
HUB Wrote:WTH is up with this thread?!?! This is the dumbest stuff I have ever read...
No it is not dumb if you are trying to make a point about making a program better. Just dumb to you I guess. Just like anything everybody has an opinion. If you do not like this thread then do not read it.
Is this post about a JV coach?:please:

If whoever you are talking about is a JV coach, then that is the answer. He is a JV coach, this is where the future coaches get their experience. Let the coach learn at the JV level and if he/she does well at the JV level they will become a Varsity coach. I can't believe you guys are out here complaining about an inexperienced JV coach.:eyeroll:

Now if you are talking about a varsity coach, then sorry for the confusion on my part.
Thats right he needs to learn but he dont even try to coach he went 1 quarter with out saying a word to his kids . Im glad i dont have a kid there.
maybe he coaches in practice.
bigbaddad1010 Wrote:maybe he coaches in practice.

Good point. Most basketball fans (including the originator of this thread) seem to watch the game, live or on TV, and think what they see is coaching. In reality game coaching is probably about 3-5% of coaching. Its the proverbial icing on the cake. Its the only part the fan sees. 95-97% of coaching is coaching during practice. Continuous individual improvement through repetitive drills actually builds the basketball program not so much game situation coaching. The X's and O's are a fairly minor part of the job.