Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man Convicted Of Trying To Sell Baby
An Eastern Kentucky man is found guilty of trying to sell his girlfriend's baby.

Kenneth Couch's trial began in Williamsburg Thursday morning, and ended with a verdict just before 6:00.

Prosecutors argued that Couch was very much a part of selling his former girlfriend, Jessica Cornett's, ten month old baby in February of last year.

Cornett, who already pleaded guilty in this case, is serving jail time... and she testified that Couch made her give the girl up.

A visibly upset Cornett said Couch convinced her that if she didn't give up her baby, she would lose it.

Couch's defense attorneys argued Couch wasn't directly involved in the custody agreements between Cornett and Kimberly Brick, the Michigan woman who got the child.

And they argued that the five thousand dollars the couple received was only a loan, and that they weren't giving up custody permanently.

But prosecutors presented a sworn statement Couch made to police that they say shows he admits to trading the baby for money.

It was that statement, along with an interview Couch did with one of our reporters, that jurors asked to look at again during their deliberations.

Apparently, it was enough to convince them, despite the fact defense attorneys stressed that Couch had a low I.Q.

Kenneth Couch will be sentenced in March. Prosecutors want a two year sentence.

As for the baby... she's still in state custody... and being cared for in a foster home in Williamsburg.

She'll be two years old in May.
thats just low idc how low someone's IQ is supposta be you just dont sell a baby. That poor kid.
Anybody should have enough sense not to sell a baby, no matter what their IQ is. These people need to stay in jail for a while after doing something this low
This isn't mexico.. geez
crazytaxidriver Wrote:This isn't mexico.. geez

lol:lol: :lol:
Why would you do it? You would have to be a complet idiot with an iq of a 9 month old and not to mention it was his kid how could any one do a thing like that just amazes me and sickens me at the same time.............No wonder we have jails/prisons.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:This isn't mexico.. geez

lol
Throw the book at both of them.

That is the stupidest thing ever.
I hate people that are bad parents..
I hate seeing stuff like this. Some people should not have children. Even though it's best to have a child with his/her parents, in this case it is not...hopefully the child will be put into a good home or stay in the home she/he is in now if it is a good place. I hate the thought of a child going to a horrible foster home that is just as bad as being with their parents.
did they really use the low I.Q. as his defense???? are u kiddin me? thats the most idiotic thing i have ever heard of. " Your Honor, Jury, this man should be set free because he is stupid... He didnt know selling a baby was a bad thing to do".........LMAO!