Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elliott Co. 63 Buckhorn 60
Elliott got us tonight! Always tough to get a loss at home.
I was wanting to attend this one but didn't get out of work in time. How did the Day/Knipp matchup go? Congrats EC.
I knew this would be a good game! I am also wondering how the Day/Knipp matchup went?

Congrats to Elliot County on the win!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Well, gee, sounds like it was a close game, tho. Congrats Elliott Co.
Congrats Elliot, good job Buckhorn
MVP2 Wrote:I was wanting to attend this one but didn't get out of work in time. How did the Day/Knipp matchup go? Congrats EC.

hopefully knipps way, because IMO day isn't half the player knipp is. i really dont see where people think day is so good. he is a decent player. i wouldnt assume that he would give knipp a hard time.
greenstuff22 Wrote:hopefully knipps way, because IMO day isn't half the player knipp is. i really dont see where people think day is so good. he is a decent player. i wouldnt assume that he would give knipp a hard time.

Day is good, but not as good as people put on. A player on Perrys bench could go to Buckhorn and get 15-20 a game.
So any stats for Day and Knipp.
True ^^^
i have not seen knipp play but matt day is a very good player ,I have watched him play since he was a sixth grader and he is a very good player ,needs to get more physical though cant bang much down low with the big boys.
Congrats Elliott
Day had 29 I believe and Knipp had 32. This was a good one to watch. Two very good basketball teams and two very good players. I think Day deserves the credit he gets. Outstanding kid and player.
king360 Wrote:Day is good, but not as good as people put on. A player on Perrys bench could go to Buckhorn and get 15-20 a game.

15-20? Day to my knowledge has only had one game in that range which was 18 points against Henry Clay who was ranked 16th in the state! Some of his other games have been for example 37 against Pike Central, 29 against Elliot Co. as previously mentioned in this thread, 25 against Owsley, and 22 against South Laurel. Not to mention he just dropped 34 on Cordia tonight! He is leading the 14th region in scoring and he is only a junior!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
king360 Wrote:Day is good, but not as good as people put on. A player on Perrys bench could go to Buckhorn and get 15-20 a game.

Easier said than done. Day is better than everyone on PC team. IMO.
MVP2 Wrote:Easier said than done. Day is better than everyone on PC team. IMO.

I agree with you! :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Except Dalton Cornett.

Plus he is surrounded by very solid players as well. Blank has developed into one of the better point guards in the region. Couch has shot the ball well in the games that I have seen along with several other players who all seem to play well as a group and do the little things. Plus, they play as hard as anyone that you will see. Buckhorn could make a run this year. I do think, however, that PCC is only going to get better and they do have the size that could give teams trouble. Plus, Hazard will only get better and Leslie is starting to come on, as well. Should be a tough district.
leecoukfan Wrote:15-20? Day to my knowledge has only had one game in that range which was 18 points against Henry Clay who was ranked 16th in the state! Some of his other games have been for example 37 against Pike Central, 29 against Elliot Co. as previously mentioned in this thread, 25 against Owsley, and 22 against South Laurel. Not to mention he just dropped 34 on Cordia tonight! He is leading the 14th region in scoring and he is only a junior!

Might as well save your breath pal. Timmy Knipp led the entire state in scoring last year as a junior and people still criticized him and said he was overrated and that he shot too much. Well this year he's had 2 triple doubles in 4 games and everybody is talking about how much he has improved and blah, blah, blah. Truth is, people don't like when an eastern Ky kid leads the state in scoring and/or scores in bunches for that matter and they'll continue to bash him until he proves their points and arguments wrong. Much like Knipp is doing so far this year.
king360 Wrote:Except Dalton Cornett.

Come on King, Day is the best player in the region. Hate him or like him.
MVP2 Wrote:Come on King, Day is the best player in the region. Hate him or like him.

Perrys best player is a big man so it's hard to compare him and Cornett but Day is without a doubt better than Perry's fowards and guards.
I think he is the best scorer in the region, best overall player imo is Davis.
LClion4life Wrote:Might as well save your breath pal. Timmy Knipp led the entire state in scoring last year as a junior and people still criticized him and said he was overrated and that he shot too much. Well this year he's had 2 triple doubles in 4 games and everybody is talking about how much he has improved and blah, blah, blah. Truth is, people don't like when an eastern Ky kid
leads the state in scoring and/or scores in bunches for that matter and they'll continue
to bash him until he proves their points and arguments wrong. Much like Knipp is doing so far this year.

I totally agree with you!!! I got a thread shut down because this kid isn't comparable to all the greats that Kentucky has produced. I think people need to get out and see this kid to prove justice. But he will probably go to the sweet 16 and have one bad game. Then people will scream about how he isn't what me and you are watching. This kid has already committed
to Eastern Kentucky but he has never lifted a weight or been coached in his life and without the AAU circuit he might not be as talented. But on natural talent
he is the best I have seen...go watch him and tell me other wise.
congrats to EC
worker1 Wrote:Plus he is surrounded by very solid players as well. Blank has developed into one of the better point guards in the region. Couch has shot the ball well in the games that I have seen along with several other players who all seem to play well as a group and do the little things. Plus, they play as hard as anyone that you will see. Buckhorn could make a run this year. I do think, however, that PCC is only going to get better and they do have the size that could give teams trouble. Plus, Hazard will only get better and Leslie is starting to come on, as well. Should be a tough district.

I completely agree with you on everything you said. Buckhorn is led by Day is almost every stat but what really makes this team click is the fact that the other players play their role. They play together as a team and do so 110% from start to finish. Plus the 54th District is very tough and all 4 teams are only going to get better. Going to make tournament time fun.
congrats Elliott

oh yeah i mean he is a good player here in the mountains, but i think he is a little overrated. i mean he can score lots of ppg. but in all honesty if he doesnt, then no one will. there are alot of offensive weapons in the region. but an offensive weapon need defense as well, and from what i know, he doesnt play much D. and also i wouldnt say he is the best player in the region. he is top 5. maybe not even that if you go by best all around. not just offense.
A long trip for Elliott and came away with a good road win over a legit team in the 14th. Knipp just keeps doing what it takes to win.