Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB ‘couldn’t ask for better’ year
One of the state’s top quarterbacks this season, Collins High School signal-caller Branden Cresap had a sensational season in the school’s first year.

The 6-foot, 185-pound Cresap guided Collins to an 11-2 mark.

Cresap completed 235 of 404 passes for 3,549 yards and 42 touchdowns while only throwing for 10 interceptions.

"With a new school, everyone kind of expects a bad start but with the guys we had, we knew we would have a good team," Cresap said. "We ran the spread offense and we were used to it. All and all it was just a great season and a lot of fun.

"You couldn’t ask for better."

In his final game, Cresap completed 37 of 66 passes for 440 yards and three touchdowns in a 31-26 loss to Western.

Now, Cresap is hoping for some college looks.

"Nothing too serious," Cresap said. "Some small NAIA schools and Division II schools are showing a little interest. They say 6-foot quarterbacks are too small now a days.

"That’s just football."

Campbellsville, Lindsey Wilson and Morehead State have shown interest, while Eastern Kentucky has called to inquire.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydem...tter-year/
This kid is a heckuva QB. He deserves to get a scholarship somewhere.
blue1424 Wrote:One of the state’s top quarterbacks this season, Collins High School signal-caller Branden Cresap had a sensational season in the school’s first year.

The 6-foot, 185-pound Cresap guided Collins to an 11-2 mark.

Cresap completed 235 of 404 passes for 3,549 yards and 42 touchdowns while only throwing for 10 interceptions.

"With a new school, everyone kind of expects a bad start but with the guys we had, we knew we would have a good team," Cresap said. "We ran the spread offense and we were used to it. All and all it was just a great season and a lot of fun.

"You couldn’t ask for better."

In his final game, Cresap completed 37 of 66 passes for 440 yards and three touchdowns in a 31-26 loss to Western.

Now, Cresap is hoping for some college looks.

"Nothing too serious," Cresap said. "Some small NAIA schools and Division II schools are showing a little interest. They say 6-foot quarterbacks are too small now a days.

"That’s just football."

Campbellsville, Lindsey Wilson and Morehead State have shown interest, while Eastern Kentucky has called to inquire.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydem...tter-year/

:Clap: congrats on a great season , here's wishing u get that scholarship , I , have a son that's a 6 foot quarterback in the 8th grade and seems to get overlooked by kids that're 6 ' 1 6 ' 3 , lol , whatever size doesn't always measure heart and talent , we'll be rooting for you ....:Thumbs:
Goodluck young man!
How long has Collins been in existence?
Stardust Wrote:How long has Collins been in existence?

It opened up this fall.
blue1424 Wrote:It opened up this fall.

I'm positive they played last year didn't they?
Stardust Wrote:I'm positive they played last year didn't they?

Are you talking about 09 or 10? 2010 was Collins' first season and the first year of the school. It was built because Shelby Co. HS was too big.
^ I see. I guess I thought that I remembered seeing their name last year ('09) as well.

So is it safe to say this young man would have played at Shelby County, and if so, would he have played over their current QB?
Stardust Wrote:^ I see. I guess I thought that I remembered seeing their name last year ('09) as well.

So is it safe to say this young man would have played at Shelby County, and if so, would he have played over their current QB?

He Started two years at Shelby Co.. His Soph year was cut short by a knee injury. Their current QB would not have seen the field until it was a 40 point game.