Is LC as good as everyone puts them on to be on here
lets see what we got
First which LC is this?

Lawrence County?
Lynn Camp?
Leslie County?
Letcher County Central?
Lincoln County?
I know we have others I just can't think of them right now.
He's referring to Lynn Camp I would assume by some of the threads that have been started lately.
I figured the same but wasn't sure.
Lynn Camp....... im just wanting to know why they aint state champions because every1 from LC says that their players are best in the state.
ShakeandBake Wrote:Lynn Camp....... im just wanting to know why they aint state champions because every1 from LC says that their players are best in the state.

Please share some examples that EVERYONE from LC is saying they have the best players in the state? I seen ONE poster from LC say they have the best line in the state. Since I'm from Lynn Camp, and you say everyone please show some examples of things that I said.
LC99 Wrote:Please share some examples that EVERYONE from LC is saying they have the best players in the state? I seen ONE poster from LC say they have the best line in the state. Since I'm from Lynn Camp, and you say everyone please show some examples of things that I said.

LC is right...it is primarily one poster that puts that on here. Probably a kid who doesn't know how he's actually HURTING the credibility of his program when he posts what he does.

...though I will have to admit that I have heard quite a few actual LC supporters, fans, etc. IN PERSON say much of the same kinds of things over the years (and moreso than people from other schools...specifically, a lot of "we were one play away from winning the state" kind of comments).

But LC is a VERY good H.S. football program...especially if you consider how far they've come since their low, low points in the 70s and 80s (basically, perennial losing seasons year after year). They've shown maybe as much "improvement" over that time than any single program other than maybe Boyle Co.
Football24_7 Wrote:LC is right...it is primarily one poster that puts that on here. Probably a kid who doesn't know how he's actually HURTING the credibility of his program when he posts what he does.

...though I will have to admit that I have heard quite a few actual LC supporters, fans, etc. IN PERSON say much of the same kinds of things over the years (and moreso than people from other schools...specifically, a lot of "we were one play away from winning the state" kind of comments).

But LC is a VERY good H.S. football program...especially if you consider how far they've come since their low, low points in the 70s and 80s (basically, perennial losing seasons year after year). They've shown maybe as much "improvement" over that time than any single program other than maybe Boyle Co.

Its a message board where people give opinions. He or she is not hurting our program. This also a site where names are not given, how do we even know, if the person is from Lynn Camp. I have seen before where people who act like they are from one school, but have nothing whats so ever have anything to do with it. The credibility of the program is the way the program conducts itself on the field and off the field. What someone says on a message board is not included in that. I'm a member of several message boards about high school football in KY. I have come in contact with people on message boards that have put down Lynn Camp, and the way the play, that their teams was better. This year Harlan people dogged LC, and LC beat them pretty bad. This poster who was putting down LC didn't hurt the Harlan program, he or she hurt themselves on the board. If we lose to a team that someone who may or may not be from LC put down, he is not making the program look bad, just themself. And I'm sure people will be ready to rip into them when that happens. I have too come in with contact of people from other schools that were ****y, and it is something you find a lot in EKY, but also around the state. I remember when we played Beechwood and I was talking to people from Beechwood up in the press box, and they asked what do you guys mainly do run or throw the ball? I said we run it, and they said you won't be able to run the ball on us. Well we did run the ball pretty well, but we lost because of special teams play and play on defense. I don't think we were ever one play away from winning state, but last year we were one play from tying up the game in Paintsville, and one play away from beating Somerset. Excuses are a part of the game, that not one side is above. The Paintsville game I thought we lined up wrong on defense in the first half and that is were we lost the game. We settled down played our game second half, and made a great game of it. Paintsville people thought they beat us pretty good the first half, but the only reason the game was close the second half if because they played conservatively the second half. I do know this because I was emailed this by a member of thier program. That is what the game is about having confidences that your team is the best team, and getting the kids to believe that is half the battle. We have made great strides over the last 10 years. We have played for 3 region title, and won one, plus we having only been knocked out in the playoffs 1 team in the last ten years in the first round. With several tough second round losses. 98 Pikeville one points loss, 99 6 pt loss to Harlan, 2004 a 3 pt loss to Williamsburg and 2005 a 1 pt loss to Paintsville.
Lynn Camp has a great program. They have great kids in their program. They have a great coach who leads the program.

To answer the question--why hasn't Boone County ever won a state championship? They have had one of the best players in the HISTORY of the state and still haven't won the big show.

Also, the top of 1A is as good as it gets (it may not be as good as the other classes--but relatively speaking--the top is VERY strong in relation to the rest of the teams in A). Between Beechwood, Danville, Mayfield, Pikeville, NCC, Middlesboro (when they drop down), you have some of the best programs in the state to deal with. There isn't any shame in falling to any of these teams.

There are a lot of teams that are GREAT--but still haven't won the big one. That is why it is so special.