Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end of Greenup Co. Football
Dear people of Greenup County,
I want to inform you of a grave injustice thats about to bestow the young men of the football program. I have been informed that AD Roger Newton has sent a directive to Coach Copley. In it it says he MUST schedule Ironton, Wheelersburg, and Portsmouth and drop teams that he (?) deems not good enough to play.
Here in lies the problem. With are numbers down due to several reasons. Why is he directing are coach to play teams that we cannot compete with? There are only two reason: money and or to kill the program.
I have a friend in adminstration who claims the latter (kill the program) is the main reason. He claims the Newton is being directed by a couple of power brokers (one is the dpp and the other is a pharmacist)with young sons coming up in the system that do not want football to be around to hinder basketball.
It is beyond me how anyone can hurt children in this manner. Why would we put are young men of the football program in such a bad postion. It should be noted that Mr. Newton is living in the house owned by the pharmicist. Im afraid Mr. Newton is bought and paid for and will be and is a puppet for these so called up standing members of the community.