Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Eviston bother to stay at Newcath?
Eviston has done a great job in his first season. Exceeded all expectations and improved the program over what they had in the past. Will he move on to bigger and better things very shortly? I hear he may have a chance to move on to his college alma mater(Georgetown) and take over there someday. The guy has been in the arena league and had a tryout in the NFL. Does he stay at Newcath where they are just playing small school football?
Wideleft01 Wrote:Eviston has done a great job in his first season. Exceeded all expectations and improved the program over what they had in the past. Will he move on to bigger and better things very shortly? I hear he may have a chance to move on to his college alma mater(Georgetown) and take over there someday. The guy has been in the arena league and had a tryout in the NFL. Does he stay at Newcath where they are just playing small school football?

i thought NCC was a favorite all year? and if Georgetown opened up in 5 to 10 years, i could see him apply for it but i dont think he's going anywhere

now dale mueller on the other hand... bengals???:Thumbs:
toussaints Wrote:i thought NCC was a favorite all year? and if Georgetown opened up in 5 to 10 years, i could see him apply for it but i dont think he's going anywhere

now dale mueller on the other hand... bengals???:Thumbs:

The Bengals could do much worse.

IMO, Eviston could/should stay at NCC for at least a few years to make a name for himself then move on. I don't think that in this day and time that a coach keeps his first head coaching job for the long haul. That was the last generation that did those things.

Also, IMHO Marvin Lewis may be the new GM in Cincinnati and a new coach brought hired. Mike Brown says that now is not he time to hire a GM from outside the organization, read between the lines.
NCC is a great and storied program. If you intent is to bash them, we will kill this any any future posts!

Coach Schneider made himself a legend at NCC, if Eviston can be half as successful, he will have done a great job. I think many will be inteested to see how he does with his own class of players. This team could still be considered Bob's, so let's see how he does with his own graduating class.
Stardust Wrote:NCC is a great and storied program. If you intent is to bash them, we will kill this any any future posts!

Coach Schneider made himself a legend at NCC, if Eviston can be half as successful, he will have done a great job. I think many will be inteested to see how he does with his own class of players. This team could still be considered Bob's, so let's see how he does with his own graduating class.
he has been doing this all fall. That is his intent 100%. Instead of being fan of his own team wideleft goes out of his way to poke at and put down that team on the hill in Newport. Wish this site had an ignor button for some posters
I was asking a legit question. Seems Eviston has the potential for a higher position.
Eviston should coach at the next level.
I agree. I think Eviston is young enough that he should go to a small college and hopefully to an even bigger college. You have to start somewhere.
Eviston will e an elite coach someday. He should move on now.
As someone told him, there's nowhere to go but down.
Wideleft01 Wrote:As someone told him, there's nowhere to go but down.
or maintain:Thumbs:
They lost most of their good players. I'd expect next year to be more of a challenge. What's the schedule look like?
Wideleft01 Wrote:I was asking a legit question. Seems Eviston has the potential for a higher position.

eviston has the potential for a higher position, but i don't see him leaving for another high school. That's where he played, he chose to comeback to NCC after his playing career, and he didnt leave for any other job. as far as college, if he got offered the georgetown job, i could see him go

and im with wideleft, this is a legit question
I also do not think he would consider another high school job. He chose to attend NC, so that's likely where his heart lies when it comes to any other high school jobs.