Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Prep Zone Weekly
Just got through watching this show, actually the first time I have caught it this season. Did anyone else notice that the only local games that they didn't even make a mention of were:

Belfry vs. Russell

and one of the obvious best games in the state:

Highlands at JC

Thats pretty sorry not to cover one of the top games in the state this week.
The Belfrey/Russell game got pretty good coverage on the 6:00 sports on WYMT.
Before anyone jumps on this, the only reason why we did not touch upon the games is because, both teams are playing non mountain schools. Russell and Highlands ...

For the Mountain Buzz we had all the mountain teams who were playing other mountain teams.

And for time purposes, we could not cover everything.

That is why tonight at 6pm we previewed the Belfry game, and tonight at 11pm we are covering the Johnson Central game.

No no worries, every game and team has been covered this week!

Just wanted to clear that up. We have worked our butts off to get to everyone this week.

I just wanted to say good luck to all the teams playing Friday night!!!

- Rock
www.derekforrest.com
www.twitter.com/derekwymt
WYMT does a fantastic job covering sports for areas WKYT barely talks about.
Belfry_99 Wrote:Just got through watching this show, actually the first time I have caught it this season. Did anyone else notice that the only local games that they didn't even make a mention of were:

Belfry vs. Russell

and one of the obvious best games in the state:

Highlands at JC

Thats pretty sorry not to cover one of the top games in the state this week.

where did u find it at i looked for it but cant find it, i am in arkansas so i looked on wymt
rock19701 Wrote:Before anyone jumps on this, the only reason why we did not touch upon the games is because, both teams are playing non mountain schools. Russell and Highlands ...

For the Mountain Buzz we had all the mountain teams who were playing other mountain teams.
And for time purposes, we could not cover everything.

That is why tonight at 6pm we previewed the Belfry game, and tonight at 11pm we are covering the Johnson Central game.

No no worries, every game and team has been covered this week!

Just wanted to clear that up. We have worked our butts off to get to everyone this week.

I just wanted to say good luck to all the teams playing Friday night!!!

- Rock
www.derekforrest.com
www.twitter.com/derekwymt

I totally agree with everyone else and think that WYMT does a fantastic job covering Mountain sports. I didn't catch the 6:00 news, so I did not see that coverage. I had not watched the Prep Zone weekly show before, so I figured it was show that previewed all upcoming Mountain games for the week, not just primarily covered the game of the week. I could have cared less that Belfry wasn't shown on the Prep Zone weekly show, I was more interested in the Highlands/JC match up. I will watch the 11:00 news and make sure to catch this now. I think this will be one of the best games in the state this week.

Again, I was not trying to bash WYMT and their coverage, they do a great job, and I appreciate the coverage this part of the state gets. My only point was I just found it odd that the Prep Zone weekly show didn't have JC and Highlands covered.
Belfry_99 Wrote:I totally agree with everyone else and think that WYMT does a fantastic job covering Mountain sports. I didn't catch the 6:00 news, so I did not see that coverage. I had not watched the Prep Zone weekly show before, so I figured it was show that previewed all upcoming Mountain games for the week, not just primarily covered the game of the week. I could have cared less that Belfry wasn't shown on the Prep Zone weekly show, I was more interested in the Highlands/JC match up. I will watch the 11:00 news and make sure to catch this now. I think this will be one of the best games in the state this week.

Again, I was not trying to bash WYMT and their coverage, they do a great job, and I appreciate the coverage this part of the state gets. My only point was I just found it odd that the Prep Zone weekly show didn't have JC and Highlands covered.

Yeah, we simply can't cover every game in our coverage area in a 30 minute show. We cover the game of the week extensively and then do our best to get in the other games throughout the area, but there is just no way to get to every single game in. We next week we can!

But I understand where you are coming from!

- Rock
http://www.derekforrest.com
http://www.twitter.com/derekwymt