Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep It Simple And Stay With The System
DUDLEY HILTON IS A GREAT COACH AND HE KEEPS IT SIMPLE. HE LINES UP IN THE BONE, RUNS IT RIGHT AT YOU. COACH PHILIP HAYWOOD, DOUBLE TIGHT BONE, HERE COMES OUTSIDE VEER. COACH MAGLONE, ITS WING T, BUCKSWEEP. ALL THESE GREAT COACHES ARE PROOF THAT IT DOESNT TAKE HAL MUMME ( 4 WIDE) TO BE A CHAMPION IN HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL! ALL THESE COACHES STAY WITH THEIR SYSTEMS, AND WIN OR LOSE, THEY NEVER DEVIATE FROM THEIR SYSTEMS. KEEP IT SIMPLE! BETTER TO BE GOOD AT A FEW THINGS THEN BAD AT A BUNCH.TongueirateSku
Good example :thumb:

But don't Trinity/St. X spread it wide? and still in State Championships?
Yes They Do, But Most Mountain Teams Are Not Blessed With 100 Kids To Dress.
Coaches Like Haywood, Maglone,hilton Win State Championships Without Finesse. Its All About Smash Mouth In The Mountains. They Line Up And Whip People!
I think that we should look at this objectively.

In the grand scheme of things--a balanced offense is what wins state championships. I agree with the fact that Belfry and Russell are GREAT power teams. Give me a team that is 50/50--and I will take LESS talent and beat both of these above teams.

When you talk about Belfry and Russell, they have both faced very "similar" (if not the same) teams. And--strength is usually going to beat finesse. However, I think that a different type of opponent would have caused either one of these teams serious issues.

In regard to Dudley Hilton--he has done a great job. But if he was as good as you guys say--he would have won more than one state championship at Bell. Also, if he would adjust his game plan to be a little more balanced--chances are--he would have won more than just one at Bell.
Very Good Point, But Dudley Did Go To Bourbon County And Win A 2a State Title, Beating The Likes Of Lex Cath, Danville, Boyle, And Owensboro Cath. I Think Youd Have To Say These Teams He Beat Running The Same Offense He Does At Bell, Were All Pretty Balanced Teams.
vince Wrote:Very Good Point, But Dudley Did Go To Bourbon County And Win A 2a State Title, Beating The Likes Of Lex Cath, Danville, Boyle, And Owensboro Cath. I Think Youd Have To Say These Teams He Beat Running The Same Offense He Does At Bell, Were All Pretty Balanced Teams.

Good point, Vince. I only have 2 arguments for that:

1. The word from Bourbon Co is that everything was set up for Dudley. The program was strong at the time, it was in the process of going in the right direction. All Dudley had to do was step in and seal the deal (I know that isn't as easy as it seems).

2. Also, if I remember correctly--there was a little luck involved. For the 1st through the 4th rounds, it rained like a son of a buck every Friday, which really turned out great for Bourbon. That will more or less neutralize any team that throws the ball.

Both of those arguments are not meant to take away from Dudley's coaching--because he is great. But it does illustrate that a lot of things have to fall into place to win the big dance.

For a coach like Dudley--I could have seen him winning a few more championships if HE would be more balanced. What do you think?
Very Good Point In Deed. You Know As Well As I Do Getting Past Highlands And Cov Cath Is A Major Task.and Both Were Thorns In Dudleys Side.coach Hilton Had Highlands Beat Last Year, But A Fumble Cost Them The Game.dudley Is Just A 4 Yards And A Cloud Of Dust Type Of Coach.youll Never See Guys Like Hilton And Haywood Throwing The Ball Very Much, But They Have Both Got It Done Pounding The Football.balanced Is Great, But These Coaches Believed In Their Philosophies And Had Success.the Definition Of Luck Is = When Hard Work And Opportunity Meet.
what about coach mitchell from lynn camp. he runs out of the I-formation and runs the ball everytime and has done it for 28 years and still hasnt changed his plan.
coach mitchell does a great job at lynn camp.IT seems he always has hazards number in the playoffs.I remember a couple times hazard was undefeated going into the playoffs.Lynncamp just lined up and ran over them.
vince Wrote:Very Good Point, But Dudley Did Go To Bourbon County And Win A 2a State Title, Beating The Likes Of Lex Cath, Danville, Boyle, And Owensboro Cath. I Think Youd Have To Say These Teams He Beat Running The Same Offense He Does At Bell, Were All Pretty Balanced Teams.

If it wasnt for the fact that Lawrence Co fullback getting hurt the game before and our coach wasnt and idot we would have given Bourbon and went to the schools first state title game.

But instead of throwing to the best rec. to come out of Kentucky high schools in the name of G. Parker and a National Title winner at QB in Jason Michaels he sticks with his sytem and trys and trys and doesnt get anywhere.
Well Ill Argue That Point.if It Wasnt For Your Coaches System , Lc Would Have Never Beatin Breathitt Co In 2 Foot Of Mud.2nd Of All Dudley Stuck To His System And Whipped Lawrence Co.people Can Doenplay Chuke, But The Fact Is What Have Lc Done Since He Left/and Also Lc Would Have Went To The State Another Time But Ran Into Smith And Lorenzon In The Semis And They Did Throw The Ball.whaen Belfry Gets Down, I Dont See Them Goin 4 Wide.dudley Stuck With The System And Beat Lc.