Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Dorton Wildcat Invitational Pairings (November 15th-18th)
Teams in the tournament:

Herald Whitaker
Cowan
Cumberland
Hazard
Belfry
Elkhorn
Dorton
Wesley Christian
South Floyd
Jenkins

*On Monday 8 of the 10 teams will play a play-in game. This game will place your team in the tournament. Elkhorn cannot play on the 15th so I had to place them in the bracket already. (They will not be guaranteed 2 games). I also placed us (Dorton) in the bracket so I could guarantee each team besides us and Elkhorn 2 games. If anyone would like to take our place and play their first game on Tuesday night, let me know and I'll change that. The two teams who don't have a play-in game will have to play 2 games on Tuesday night if they win their first game.

After bracket play starts on Tuesday, if a team loses they are out.

Monday at Dorton Elementary (Play-In Games)
Game #1--6:00--Herald Whitaker vs Cowan
Game #2--7:00--Cumberland vs Hazard
Game #3--8:00--South Floyd vs Jenkins
Game #4--9:00--Belfry vs Wesley

Tuesday at Virgie Middle School (Quarterfinals)
6:00--Elkhorn vs Loser of Jenkins/South Floyd
7:00--Winner of Game #1 vs Loser of Game #4
8:00--Winner of Game #2 vs Winner of Elkhorn/Game #3 Loser

Tuesday at Dorton Elementary (Quarterfinals)
6:00--Dorton vs Loser of Game #2
7:00--Winner of Game #4 vs Loser of Game #1
8:00--Winner of Game #3 vs Winner of Dorton/Game #2 Loser

Wednesday at Dorton Elementary (Semifinals)
6:00--Semifinal #1
7:30--Semifinal #2

Thursday at Dorton Elementary (Consolation and Championship)
6:00--Consolation
7:30--Championship

**Coaches: I need each of you to respond on here or through email ([email=randy.davis@pike.kyschools.us]randy.davis@pike.kyschools.us[/email]) that you got your play-in game time for Monday. I will email the bracket and tournament information once I get a response from you.

Thanks,

Coach Davis
Got it........
this should be a great tournament
There has been a change made to the schedule. Hazard cannot play on Monday so Cumberland will be playing Dorton, and Hazard will take Dorton's place in the bracket.
Wonder why Whitesburg isnt playing in this?
xray Wrote:Wonder why Whitesburg isnt playing in this?

Coach Boggs said they had games on a couple of those dates.
i just asked the same question...pretty sure we played in it last year
ILoveMyKids Wrote:i just asked the same question...pretty sure we played in it last year

At first Coach Boggs said to put him the tournament, then he contacted me and said he couldn't play. He said he had games scheduled on 2 of the nights of the tournament. We would love to have Whitesburg play, but if they don't have those dates open, it would be impossible for them to be in it.
I really wanted to get in this tournament. When our schedule came out for the county games, we were scheduled to play games on Tuesday and Thursday night. That is when I contacted Randy and said we could not play. Now, the team we were supposed to play Tuesday night had to postpone. Unfortunately, the Dorton tournament was already filled. I am very sorry to all our fans for this mishap, we really had a great time last year. Would have loved to see how we would have measured up against some of the great talent that is going to be there. Good luck to all!
I heard alot of team's has changed. Also, whats going on with South Floyd we've dropped out of every t-ment in the past two weeks. :please:
Nothing like some last minute drama to get a tournament started. SF isn't going to play. Must have been some mixup in communication between the old and new coach somewhere. Whitesburg is going to take their place, but play Belfry. Wesley Christian is now going to play Jenkins. I had told teams that they wouldn't play teams from their county in the first round (Whitesburg/Jenkins).

Tonight's games are:

6:00-Herald Whitaker vs Cowan
7:00-Cumberland vs Dorton
8:00-Wesley Christian vs Jenkins
9:00-Belfry vs Whitesburg