5.Gilliam Harlan Co
6 Mullins Harlan Ind
7. Madden North Laurel
8. Mitchell Clay Co
9 Crawford North Laurel
10. Burchett South Laurel
Who else should be there?
Most of the top players are included.
Don't know how you can put someone ahead of the State's leading scorer??!!

Chelsey Smith should be the Region's #1 player without a doubt!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Smith is truly a top ranked player in the region. She is on a bad team and plays against mediocre competition though. Her numbers are a bit inflated. Jackson plays on a regional winner and against some of the best competition in the state. She is also surrounded by a talented cast and shares the scoring load with her teammates. I can see how she is ranked #1.
Leading scorer doesn't necessarily mean best player, IMO. If Jackson and Smith reversed roles, Jackson would average 40+ a game! :worthy:
leecoukfan Wrote:Don't know how you can put someone ahead of the State's leading scorer??!!

Chelsey Smith should be the Region's #1 player without a doubt!

There isn't a coach in the region who would take Smith over Belle Jackson. Scoring a lot of points against bad teams doesn't automatically make anyone No. 1.
Thats a fact Palmer
They forgot freshman Kandace Craig.......this is her second year at the varsity level for Whitley Co. She is an awesome player and everyone will know her name in the future.....rumor has it that D-1 and D-2 schools are already showing interest.
She averaged 3 points a game last year. She wasn't forgotten. She just doesn't belong in the top 10 yet.
palmer Wrote:She averaged 3 points a game last year. She wasn't forgotten. She just doesn't belong in the top 10 yet.

I don't know about her point average......all I know is she is one complete player.....Her defense is awesome.....and she runs the floor like a deer!
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:They forgot freshman Kandace Craig.......this is her second year at the varsity level for Whitley Co. She is an awesome player and everyone will know her name in the future.....rumor has it that D-1 and D-2 schools are already showing interest.

:lmao::dontthink
I have seen her play and she has much potential, but to project her as one of the top players in the region is a bit far fetched at this point in her career. If that is the criteria for being one of the best, I could include 20 other girls who you would place before her, based on their preformance. She will be good if she keeps progressing.
Hitters_Count Wrote:I have seen her play and she has much potential, but to project her as one of the top players in the region is a bit far fetched at this point in her career. If that is the criteria for being one of the best, I could include 20 other girls who you would place before her, based on their preformance. She will be good if she keeps progressing.

Really....Name them...I like to know who they are..... obviously I haven't seen them....and I watch alot of Girls Basketball games...
the dark wizard Wrote::lmao::dontthink

Don't know why you are laughing.....got this information from a very reliable source who has seen the D-1, D-2 recruiting letters... We will see who is laughing in the future......
:Thumbs:
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Don't know why you are laughing.....got this information from a very reliable source who has seen the D-1, D-2 recruiting letters... We will see who is laughing in the future......
:Thumbs:

That we will my friend that we will. I have no doubt the girl can play college. But lets not exaggerate it here with the d1 talk.
Quote:Really....Name them...I like to know who they are..... obviously I haven't seen them....and I watch alot of Girls Basketball games

The soph from Bell(redhaired girl), Morris girl from Bell, The girl from HC that transferred from Harlan, Gregory, Mills from KC, Shepard from LC, Roaden and Smith from Corbin...etc.

There are other very talented girls out there that have had better 8th,Fr,Soph years. No one is doubting she has the potential to be a very good player in the future, but to project her as D-1 is not sound. She is no way in the same category as Hammond from Rock(a true D-1 prospect). Jackson from Clay averaged a double-double ever since she was in eigth grade at the varsity level. Time will certainly tell if she will be the caliber player of those mentioned and even some that weren't
the dark wizard Wrote:That we will my friend that we will. I have no doubt the girl can play college. But lets not exaggerate it here with the d1 talk.

You don't have to believe me....but the truth is the truth anyway you slice it. I know her AAU Coach and he told me about their website. Go to...thenextlevelbasketballcamp.com and see who made the Camp Top 10 High School All-Star team this summer as an 8th grader. This camp had the best players from accross the state not just the 13th region. :eyeroll:
Hitters_Count Wrote:The soph from Bell(redhaired girl), Morris girl from Bell, The girl from HC that transferred from Harlan, Gregory, Mills from KC, Shepard from LC, Roaden and Smith from Corbin...etc.

There are other very talented girls out there that have had better 8th,Fr,Soph years. No one is doubting she has the potential to be a very good player in the future, but to project her as D-1 is not sound. She is no way in the same category as Hammond from Rock(a true D-1 prospect). Jackson from Clay averaged a double-double ever since she was in eigth grade at the varsity level. Time will certainly tell if she will be the caliber player of those mentioned and even some that weren't

Remember this conversation in the future...your opinion will be proven wrong barring any unforeseen injuries. I trust my sources and I know based on their word......The D-1 recruitment letters are real....in the words of Ripley's "Believe it or not"!Confusedhh:
Looking at WC schedule, she will be tested early with Clay the second game of the season and Casey Co. a couple of weeks into the season. No doubt she will do fine, but dont heap D-1 pressure on a player this early. If she is worthy, then they will come calling, all the projections and opinions in the world wont matter until that happens.:please:
Hitters_Count Wrote:Looking at WC schedule, she will be tested early with Clay the second game of the season and Casey Co. a couple of weeks into the season. No doubt she will do fine, but dont heap D-1 pressure on a player this early. If she is worthy, then they will come calling, all the projections and opinions in the world wont matter until that happens.:please:

I'm not putting on pressure.....just thought I would mention her in this subject because I feel she is a very good player that was not mentioned.........:igiveup:
How about Morgan Johnson and Macy Clontz
You said she belonged in the top 10, which clearly she doesn't from her performance last year.
She may be there next year, but she has to prove it on the court.
South lost Dean But they will be in the mix this year just like previous yrs
You can believe that
She is not getting letters from any College.
Being a Wizzard you should know better.
NCAA violation for the school to contact a player until they are a junior in High School
Southern Pride Wrote:She is not getting letters from any College.
Being a Wizzard you should know better.
NCAA violation for the school to contact a player until they are a junior in High School

I think you better check the rules again.....They are allowed an initial Contact Letter and Questionaire that can be completed and returned by the athlete. Then per D-1 rules they are not allowed contact again until they are a junior.

Oh and my name is not Craig.....Know the rules before you make yourself look stupid!:please:
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:I think you better check the rules again.....They are allowed an initial Contact Letter and Questionaire that can be completed and returned by the athlete. Then per D-1 rules they are not allowed contact again until they are a junior.

Oh and my name is not Craig.....Know the rules before you make yourself look stupid!:please:

Are you sure? B/c with all of these D1 talks your coming up with im begining to think you may be her? :lmao: jk jk