Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Week in NKY
Some big games in NKY this weekend

Ryle vs. Simon Kenton- 6A #1 seed and NKY #2 is on the line
NewCath vs. Cov. Holy Cross- 2A #1 seed is on the line, 2 very good QBs
Conner vs. Campbell Co.- i think winner locks in a playoff spot in 6A
Walton Verona vs. Brossart- if WV wins, they lock up #2 seed in A, if Brossart wins, then we have a 3 way tie for #2
Dixie vs. Holmes- Holmes perfect season vs. one of the areas best Qb
Dayton vs. Bellevue- battle of the paddle

any other good games out there
^ You have them all covered. Great post
its gonna be some good football this weekend. what's the biggest game out of that line up
Biggest could certainly mean something different for each team involved.

As for the 6A teams, Simon Kenton and Ryle will be 1 & 2, and really does not matter in which order. Thus, I think the Conner/Campbell County game is the key match-up. The loser of this game has to beat Cooper, and that will not be an easy task for either of these two teams.

Bellevue and Dayton has the history, but nothing after that.

New Cath/Holy Cross will probably be the Best game on the field. Both teams will be very amped for this game, but NCC has had the most BIG games, thus this should be much easier for them to settle into the gameplan. For the rookie coach at NCC, this is his opportunity to set the stage for the future of his program.

Brossart/Verona is key for these two young programs. I believe that the most telling point that will come from this game is to see how much the Mustangs really have grown. They have played incredible football for a program so new. This is a great barometer of their program.

But for me, the most intriguing game of the night is the Holmes/Dixie game. Dixie has played an incredibly hard schedule, one that should prepare them for the importance of this game. This should answer a lot of questions about how they will do in the post season, as well as tell us how good Pike really is (if he plays). On the otherside, you have Holmes who statistically matches up with any team in the state. They have not played a tough schedule, but what has been in front of them they have dominated. Too many times a team is supposed to dominate a team, and they don't complete the job. The Bulldogs have completed the job each time out, which is all you can ask. Yet, questions are still out on whether they are for real or not. This game will certainly tell us who is the cream of this division.
toussaints Wrote:Some big games in NKY this weekend

Ryle vs. Simon Kenton- 6A #1 seed and NKY #2 is on the line
NewCath vs. Cov. Holy Cross- 2A #1 seed is on the line, 2 very good QBs
Conner vs. Campbell Co.- i think winner locks in a playoff spot in 6A
Walton Verona vs. Brossart- if WV wins, they lock up #2 seed in A, if Brossart wins, then we have a 3 way tie for #2
Dixie vs. Holmes- Holmes perfect season vs. one of the areas best Qb
Dayton vs. Bellevue- battle of the paddle

any other good games out there
I think Simon takes Ryle to the wood shed without their best back.
NCC wins by 21
Campbell Co. wins by 14
Walton wins by 14
Holmes and Dixie could go either way but I will take Holmes by 7
Bellevue will win by 28
Just what I think best game out of all will be Dixie and Holmes.
not having elliot really plays into SK hands, but i still like Ryle o-line and hempel is a good qb. i still think SK wins, but it'll be close.

if holy cross defense cant stop either hightchew or kelly, then NCC will win this game. holy cross will move the ball on offense, but they wont win if they get into a shootout. ncc by 7

campbell co. and conner both have good passing attacks, not impressed with both defenses. conner has a better overall record, but campbell played better teams. il take campbell by 14

walton beat bellevue, bellevue beat brossart. however, i think brossart's offensive attack is more balanced and walton's defense hasn't played as good as their record and brossart has a kicking game. il take brossart by 3

holmes wont power over dixie, but theyll make dixie gassed late in the game. i like holmes by 6

bellevue and dayton is a great river city rivalry, but bellevue will just tire dayton out. tigers by 21