Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AB Combs 39 Dorton 33
Final from the Pride of the Mountains tournament at Sheldon Clark.

Abby Smallwood 8 points, 10 rebounds
Savannah Honaker 7 points, 5 rebounds
Taylor Rowe 5 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists
Sydney Jones 5 points, 6 deflections
Savannah Belcher 4 points
Ashley Akers 2 points, 2 rebounds
Destiny Anderson 2 points

*The Ladycats fall to 11-1 on the season.

We would like to thank the coaches of Martin County for inviting us to this great tournament.
really appreciate you all coming.. didn't get to watch your game ..i was at middle school all day....

THANKS COACH
Congratulations girls and coach, you have a great group and you always direct them with such honor, respect, & class, and this has always made me proud to be from dorton. I'm just wondering if you are aware of how poorly some of our parrents acted at the virgie game tonight. I was embarassed to be a part of our crowd. I love basketball as good as the next parrent but to be so disrespectful to number 23 on the other side, well it just embarassed me as a member of the dorton community. I mean we all know what a great kid, student, friend, and now even a great player she is already becoming. No need to treat her like this. I really dont think you would approve, but i'm hoping you will check into this and hopefully we will not see anymore actions of this nature. One man in particular was completely out of line. So ashamed, and i personally know you would never tolerate this, i have seen you get frustrated at much less. Again, congrats to our girls, they are the best on and off the court!!
I don't think anyone acted inappropriately, We have kids playin out there too. You guys wanted to win as much as we did, ur goin to have people yellin at the refs when they miss a call. It's nothing personal and I want all the kids to do good, yours and ours. And I am not ashamed of any of our parents lastnite, I think they,we, were well behaved. lol
ballforfun Wrote:Congratulations girls and coach, you have a great group and you always direct them with such honor, respect, & class, and this has always made me proud to be from dorton. I'm just wondering if you are aware of how poorly some of our parrents acted at the virgie game tonight. I was embarassed to be a part of our crowd. I love basketball as good as the next parrent but to be so disrespectful to number 23 on the other side, well it just embarassed me as a member of the dorton community. I mean we all know what a great kid, student, friend, and now even a great player she is already becoming. No need to treat her like this. I really dont think you would approve, but i'm hoping you will check into this and hopefully we will not see anymore actions of this nature. One man in particular was completely out of line. So ashamed, and i personally know you would never tolerate this, i have seen you get frustrated at much less. Again, congrats to our girls, they are the best on and off the court!!

I was not yelling at you kid I was yelling at the ref. It is a ballgame one team playing another. If you and your mother got mad at me for rooting for my team and not you kid, I am sorry but if my mother tried to bring it into the middle I would block it. It is just a game.
Congrats to both teams.... Dorton and Virgie. The par-rents acted very nicely in my opinion. Anyone else notice the two r's in all the posts???
I just wish parents would learn the rules before they get on here and comment about things
First of all I'd like to say congratulations to Dorton Wildcats on a great win as well as say congratualtions to Virgie Eagles who are improving more each day and will become an awesome team if they continue to improve like they are now. Love to see kids improve and have fun at a game they love so much. But for par-rents to get on other sites such as Facebook and this thread and argue with people and pretend to be someone else is just plain immature...I mean it is like having the 'little man" syndrome, especially when 90% of the posts are made by the same parent and her mother and who has a hard time spelling the word....parrent on ALL sites she has been on. If you don't believe me look at bbforfun post on here then go look at the FB drama and look at the word parrent. Gave herself away!!! It amazes me how people are always mad at someone no matter what school they attend. People who think someone is "out to get them" No one is out to get you and could care less. Maybe you need to look in the mirror. Usually when you can't get along with several people, you are the culprit yourself. I wish the best for all Pike Co. teams this year.
Free Enes Wrote:I just wish parents would learn the rules before they get on here and comment about things
Exactly, I mean if you don't know the rules or what's going on it is probably best that you don't say anything at all because most of the time you end up looking like an :moon:

bbfever Wrote:First of all I'd like to say congratulations to Dorton Wildcats on a great win as well as say congratualtions to Virgie Eagles who are improving more each day and will become an awesome team if they continue to improve like they are now. Love to see kids improve and have fun at a game they love so much. But for par-rents to get on other sites such as Facebook and this thread and argue with people and pretend to be someone else is just plain immature...I mean it is like having the 'little man" syndrome, especially when 90% of the posts are made by the same parent and her mother and who has a hard time spelling the word....parrent on ALL sites she has been on. If you don't believe me look at bbforfun post on here then go look at the FB drama and look at the word parrent. Gave herself away!!! It amazes me how people are always mad at someone no matter what school they attend. People who think someone is "out to get them" No one is out to get you and could care less. Maybe you need to look in the mirror. Usually when you can't get along with several people, you are the culprit yourself. I wish the best for all Pike Co. teams this year.
I'm pretty sure we are not the only ones that noticed this ( pretty obvious).:please: I think this person should have used a spell check before trying to act like a (parrent) from Dorton. Then to act like someone was just out to get 23, no one was out to get anyone, both teams due what they can to win, that is usually what happens in a basketball game, so if this person thinks that it will be any different in games down the road, they probably need to find a new hobby, because I can promise the older they get it will only get rougher.:popcorn::zzz: