• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green 44 Owensboro 20
Final

Congrats Purples!
Congrats Bowling Green
Bowling Green 7 9 14 14 44
Owensboro 7 7 6 0 20
Scoring summary:
B--Brandon Green 29 pass from Scooter Hollis (Peter May kick); O--James Austin 7 run (Jack Wilson kick); O--Austin 2 run (Wilson kick); B--Green 81 kickoff return (May kick); B--Safety; B--Green 36 pass from Hollis (May kick); O--Willis Johnson 70 interception return (kick failed); B--Tevin Anderson 7 pass from Hollis (May kick); B--Anderson 3 run (May kick); B--Hollis 12 run (May kick).
Records: Bowling Green 5-0, Owensboro 4-1.
More details

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z0zswGXeoN
Bowling dominated every part of the game except their defensive line. Owensboro has some great atheletes but their coaches play calling was aweful. They could be a great football team if they had a head coach that knew what he was doing. Bowling Greens coaches won this football game. Coach Griffiths is the best defensive coach in the state IMO. BGs defense kept OHS guessing all night long and our offense scored almost at will. Two TDs were called back on penalties. Now I'm sure Devilschild will get on here and say something different as he has on another message board but, if as he says Owensboro controlled the line of scrimmage How did Bowling Green put up 44 points on such a great team not including the 2 TDs that were called back. I'm just saying. He said he wasn't impressed with Bowling Green but all I can say is look at the score. Everyone should come to Bowling Green next week and see them play Trinity. I think it will be the toughest Kentucky team Trinity will face all season.
I thought this one would be closer.
I'm here right on call -lol-....BG scored 44 points off of 4 TO's(3 INT's and a fumble). Oh and they also had a safety on an intentional groundin call and a kick return for a TD. I don't see how anybody that went to the game doesn't understand that OHS's offensive coordinator killed them once again. On the other board I gave BG's coachin staff their dues for how they prepared and executed what they wanted to do. But from a talent stand point these teams are even IMO. I see you Westside say the same things I said in the other board on here. OHS did control the line most of the night....how many sacks did OHS have??? And other then the QB gettin loose BG couldn't line up an just run the ball....BG was able to do what they did on "O" because they run a much better, crisper, imaginative offensive system then OHS. Reitz came in and had some of the same success BG did. Guess why??? They ran a much better, crisper, imaginative offensive. It's obvious. Ask the staff at Catholic High, Daviess Co., or Apollo and they'll tell you the same. At some point in the game the kids need to do something positive on "O". Goin 3 and out every series can be demoralizing. And yes BG's "D" is good but somebody with an offense like Triniy, Lone Oak, Highlands, Reitz etc. can score on them. Don't want to take anything away from BG's staff or kids but they're defendin a middle school offensive system when playin OHS. christian Co's defense will do the same thing when they come to Rash Stadium....OHS has as much talent as any team I've seen for the last 3 years. The only problem is the same folks have been calling the shots the last 3 year! -lol- Owensboro's coaches have got to improve offensively(or hire somebody else who can) IF the goal is advancing to state. If the goal is to beat Ohio Co, Daviess Co, Breck Co., etc then continue what's been goin on.
Westside Wrote:I thought this one would be closer.

I thought it would be a much lower scoring game but I was really impressed by BGs offense. Our defense is always good but the offense is finally catching up. Bowling Green is a young team and will be a force over the next few years. They only start 2 seniors on defense. On a side note, Owensboro had about 7 players playing both ways and they all are very good atheletes but playing good teams that dont't have any players going both ways will never work. I think Owensboro needed about 7 more atheletes and they probably would have come away with a win last night. And a new coach (LOL)
Congrats BG
devilschild Wrote:I'm here right on call -lol-....BG scored 44 points off of 4 TO's(3 INT's and a fumble). Oh and they also had a safety on an intentional groundin call and a kick return for a TD. I don't see how anybody that went to the game doesn't understand that OHS's offensive coordinator killed them once again. On the other board I gave BG's coachin staff their dues for how they prepared and executed what they wanted to do. But from a talent stand point these teams are even IMO. I see you Westside say the same things I said in the other board on here. OHS did control the line most of the night....how many sacks did OHS have??? And other then the QB gettin loose BG couldn't line up an just run the ball....BG was able to do what they did on "O" because they run a much better, crisper, imaginative offensive system then OHS. Reitz came in and had some of the same success BG did. Guess why??? They ran a much better, crisper, imaginative offensive. It's obvious. Ask the staff at Catholic High, Daviess Co., or Apollo and they'll tell you the same. At some point in the game the kids need to do something positive on "O". Goin 3 and out every series can be demoralizing. And yes BG's "D" is good but somebody with an offense like Triniy, Lone Oak, Highlands, Reitz etc. can score on them. Don't want to take anything away from BG's staff or kids but they're defendin a middle school offensive system when playin OHS. christian Co's defense will do the same thing when they come to Rash Stadium....OHS has as much talent as any team I've seen for the last 3 years. The only problem is the same folks have been calling the shots the last 3 year! -lol- Owensboro's coaches have got to improve offensively(or hire somebody else who can) IF the goal is advancing to state. If the goal is to beat Ohio Co, Daviess Co, Breck Co., etc then continue what's been goin on.

I agree with most of what you said but, I still believe they can't play so many players both ways and beat top level teams. Owensboro was a different team in the 2nd half. Only scored on an interception that should never had been thrown. I think they got tired and Bowling Green was able to wear them down.
Congrats Purples!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
It looks like, at least from these first few games, that it will be a Highlands/Bowling Green final for the 5A State Championship. It will definitely be a good one if it turns out like that!
BaseballIsLife Wrote:It looks like, at least from these first few games, that it will be a Highlands/Bowling Green final for the 5A State Championship. It will definitely be a good one if it turns out like that!

You beat me to it. I agree it looks like this could be the match up. However, I do not know if it will be a good one like you stated; let's see what BG does next week first.
adopted purple Wrote:Bowling dominated every part of the game except their defensive line. Owensboro has some great atheletes but their coaches play calling was aweful. They could be a great football team if they had a head coach that knew what he was doing. Bowling Greens coaches won this football game. Coach Griffiths is the best defensive coach in the state IMO. BGs defense kept OHS guessing all night long and our offense scored almost at will. Two TDs were called back on penalties. Now I'm sure Devilschild will get on here and say something different as he has on another message board but, if as he says Owensboro controlled the line of scrimmage How did Bowling Green put up 44 points on such a great team not including the 2 TDs that were called back. I'm just saying. He said he wasn't impressed with Bowling Green but all I can say is look at the score. Everyone should come to Bowling Green next week and see them play Trinity. I think it will be the toughest Kentucky team Trinity will face all season.

Toughest team they face in KY if you do not count the preseason.:biggrin:
I don't know about John Hardin, but CCHS has potential to be better then they were two years ago. The line must keep developing and the offense must remain unselfish. It wouldn't surprise me to see BG play Highlands, but there are some other teams that may have something to say about that.
Bowling Green made adjustments in their blitz packages/D at the half and they had success. OHS never adjusted to this and it killed them. When OHS ran trips to the right side the slot WR was never covered. Never! If they simply raised up and threw the ball to him it would've been a 5 yard gain every time....OHS has played BG and Christian Co. 4 times in the last two years and both teams do the same thing defensively. And OHS has done nothin to effectively counter the blitz. And OHS has always played kids both ways. Depth has always been in BG's favor. But until this game they all have come down to the wire....IMO it doesn't have anything to do with being fresh. It's the "O" and the system they run. Had OHS not had those back breaking INT's I think the kids are up fighting fresh til the end. This game was about mental toughness. Last year in the playoffs BG physically beat OHS up. I didn't see that last night. Last nights game was a repeat of Christian Co.'s last visit to Rash Stadium....when the moe shifted, my Devils, (Led by our coaches!) didn't respond....
-lol- I'm frustrated!!!