Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middletown, OH 34 Simon Kenton 0
final
seems like the Middies called off the dogs the second half
Complete domination
:eyerollTongueretty much what I expected out of SK after losing Simpson. These seniors looked good with a stud back to take the pressure off of them, but with him gone the weaknesses are all that much more glaring and teams are far less likely to play conservatively to minimize damage. The defenses will bring it hard this season until that o-line gets a chance to solidify.
So, what does this do to the pecking order in NKY 6A? Will it be Boone and Ryle to slug it out at year's end with two alpha dog running backs? Can Campbell County also be said to have made a case for being in there just based on their air game? Conner and Dixie both won, but both beat teams they should have beaten. Ryle looked pretty tough at times against Highlands. No passing game, but then again they ARE a Boone County team.
Can you dig it? Wrote::eyerollTongueretty much what I expected out of SK after losing Simpson. These seniors looked good with a stud back to take the pressure off of them, but with him gone the weaknesses are all that much more glaring and teams are far less likely to play conservatively to minimize damage. The defenses will bring it hard this season until that o-line gets a chance to solidify.
So, what does this do to the pecking order in NKY 6A? Will it be Boone and Ryle to slug it out at year's end with two alpha dog running backs? Can Campbell County also be said to have made a case for being in there just based on their air game? Conner and Dixie both won, but both beat teams they should have beaten. Ryle looked pretty tough at times against Highlands. No passing game, but then again they ARE a Boone County team.

Great post!

I still put Ryle as the clear choice, and I am a Camelback! Let's face it, there is no other NKY team that would have made the game any closer with HHS last night than what Ryle did.

I have said the same thing about SK and have argued that their preseason ranking has been way off base. So to address your question, after Ryle, it's still a crap shoot. Conner, SK and Boone all lost a lot through graduation. They all bring back solid players, but IMO, Boone is best suited because of their frontline size and Oppenheimer. What Boone did last night was not as much of a surprise as you would think. I think this Boone team will play smart football, and typical Boone, the will limit the mistakes and play posession football, which can win in 6A.

SK brings back solid players. I like Chad Lawrence, but there is just not enough surrounding him on offense. Chad was as good as he has been the last two years because the defenses focussed so much on Miles.

Conner has decent players, but I just don't see them have enough depth to be a real factor.

As for the Camels, yes, the passing game is potent. And even with the loss of one of the best receivers in NKY, Matt Smith to a broken foot, the Camels proved last night that they still have several weapons in the air. What the addition of coach Seipel (sic) has brought in is the addition of a running game. Danny Glasgow will be a load for anyone to take down, but it's the emergence of an old name in CCHS, Popp. In the footsteps of his brother TJ & Johnny, James will be the next 1000+ gainer with the last name of Popp. He sees the field as well as any running back that I have seen at Campbell County since Meyers in the early 80's. He does not have great size, but he does hit with a "Popp" :biggrin:

Don't count out Cooper. I really liked that team last year. I said it early this year on BGR, Cooper will get their first 6A conference win this year against one of these teams.
Stardust Wrote:Great post!

I still put Ryle as the clear choice, and I am a Camelback! Let's face it, there is no other NKY team that would have made the game any closer with HHS last night than what Ryle did.

I have said the same thing about SK and have argued that their preseason ranking has been way off base. So to address your question, after Ryle, it's still a crap shoot. Conner, SK and Boone all lost a lot through graduation. They all bring back solid players, but IMO, Boone is best suited because of their frontline size and Oppenheimer. What Boone did last night was not as much of a surprise as you would think. I think this Boone team will play smart football, and typical Boone, the will limit the mistakes and play posession football, which can win in 6A.

SK brings back solid players. I like Chad Lawrence, but there is just not enough surrounding him on offense. Chad was as good as he has been the last two years because the defenses focussed so much on Miles.

Conner has decent players, but I just don't see them have enough depth to be a real factor.

As for the Camels, yes, the passing game is potent. And even with the loss of one of the best receivers in NKY, Matt Smith to a broken foot, the Camels proved last night that they still have several weapons in the air. What the addition of coach Seipel (sic) has brought in is the addition of a running game. Danny Glasgow will be a load for anyone to take down, but it's the emergence of an old name in CCHS, Popp. In the footsteps of his brother TJ & Johnny, James will be the next 1000+ gainer with the last name of Popp. He sees the field as well as any running back that I have seen at Campbell County since Meyers in the early 80's. He does not have great size, but he does hit with a "Popp" :biggrin:

Don't count out Cooper. I really liked that team last year. I said it early this year on BGR, Cooper will get their first 6A conference win this year against one of these teams.

I forgot about Cooper and had Dixie listed as 6A. :HitWall:
After what Boone did on Friday They may be the #2 team right now in the district
Way to go Middies!

MHS: the home of Cris Carter and Willis Gentry!
nky Wrote:After what Boone did on Friday They may be the #2 team right now in the district

I agree with you :Thumbs:
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Way to go Middies!

MHS: the home of Cris Carter and Willis Gentry!

Great job Cincinnati Middletown :Clap:
Stardust Wrote:Great job Cincinnati Middletown :Clap:

If you need help with your geography let me know. By the way did you see where Lexington Danville beat Knoxville Rockcastle County last night? :Clap:
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:If you need help with your geography let me know. By the way did you see where Lexington Danville beat Knoxville Rockcastle County last night? :Clap:

Chill BB! It was copied and pasted directly from the newspaper website, so your rant is pointless!
Stardust Wrote:Chill BB! It was copied and pasted directly from the newspaper website, so your rant is pointless!

I'm not ranting I'm teaching. You brought it up. Relax big fella. :Thumbs:
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:I'm not ranting I'm teaching. You brought it up. Relax big fella. :Thumbs:

You have been ranting about this ever since the prediction thread......:popcorn:
To bad Simon Kenton got smacked.
Stardust Wrote:You have been ranting about this ever since the prediction thread......:popcorn:

... and you've been whining ever since I corrected you. :rockon:
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:... and you've been whining ever since I corrected you. :rockon:

Whining :lmao: I've been laughing the whole time on how much the Cincinnati Middletown obviously got under your skin. :devilflam
Stardust Wrote:Whining :lmao: I've been laughing the whole time on how much the Cincinnati Middletown obviously got under your skin. :devilflam

It does not take much for some guys!
sstack Wrote:It does not take much for some guys!

And I'm laughing.. at you for whining like Dusty Rhodes after a Four Horsemen beat down. wooooooooooo! :ChairHit: :Thumbs: :lmao: :Clap: :moon:
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:And I'm laughing.. at you for whining like Dusty Rhodes after a Four Horsemen beat down. wooooooooooo! :ChairHit: :Thumbs: :lmao: :Clap: :moon:

:popcorn:
Simon Kenton just ran into a better team,....a much better team.

Middletown destroyed Cincinnati Moeller in the playoffs last year, and is even faster this year.

The scary part is the soph QB that ran and threw all over the Pioneers is actually our backup !

Our starting QB is out with a wrist injury until about week 3 or 4.

The middies are fast and nasty and will go far in the Ohio playoffs, so all is not lost for Simon Kenton.
muskie3 Wrote:Simon Kenton just ran into a better team,....a much better team.

Middletown destroyed Cincinnati Moeller in the playoffs last year, and is even faster this year.

The scary part is the soph QB that ran and threw all over the Pioneers is actually our backup !

Our starting QB is out with a wrist injury until about week 3 or 4.

The middies are fast and nasty and will go far in the Ohio playoffs, so all is not lost for Simon Kenton.

Don't count out SK yet. Middletown in my opinion would pretty much thrash ANYONE in NKY. Your backup QB sure did put on a show. I think the defense will be very happy to see a big slow QB this week.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:If you need help with your geography let me know. By the way did you see where Lexington Danville beat Knoxville Rockcastle County last night? :Clap:

:please:Mildly amusing the first time, which has long since passed.:eyeroll:
Pheeew! I told folks on KY Preps about OH D1 football being no joke! Glad SK stepped up their scheduling though. Alot of OH schools, middle of the pack schools, would handily beat KY schools. I'm born and mostly raised in KY. Gotta lotta love for the state....but Cincy Princeton(where I went in the early 90's for a lil while), Cincy LaSalle, Fairfield, Lakota West, etc. would be tough games for anybody in KY. And thats not even mentioning Colerain,Moeller,St.X,Elder,Anderson,etc.
None of the first group of schools except for Lakota West could've beat Highlands the last 4 years. Lasalle had 1 decent year and they still didn't in the last 4 years and they still didn't make the playoffs granted it's extremely tough to make it in that region.
IDK....Bryan Station, Johnson Central, Ryle, Manual, and some others have given Highlands games the last four years or so....the Middle of the pack GMC and GCL schools would give Highlands games in most years. Not saying Highlands would lose them all but I doubt we'd see the Birds totally dominate like they do over here. Going to Fairfield, LaSalle, Princeton, Hamilton, etc. would be no push over just like going to Highlands wouldn't. And these teams go 6-5 in good years! -lol- And yes the region is extremely tough! Colerain missed the playoffs after losing on the road AT Elder and AT St.X....then runnin the table in the GMC to go 9-2. That run included beating Middletown who beat Moeller in the 1st rnd of the playoffs. I respect Highlands program but they are a top 3 program in the state. The schools we're comparing them to arent top 25 in Ohio....
devilschild Wrote:IDK....Bryan Station, Johnson Central, Ryle, Manual, and some others have given Highlands games the last four years or so....the Middle of the pack GMC and GCL schools would give Highlands games in most years. Not saying Highlands would lose them all but I doubt we'd see the Birds totally dominate like they do over here. Going to Fairfield, LaSalle, Princeton, Hamilton, etc. would be no push over just like going to Highlands wouldn't. And these teams go 6-5 in good years! -lol- And yes the region is extremely tough! Colerain missed the playoffs after losing on the road AT Elder and AT St.X....then runnin the table in the GMC to go 9-2. That run included beating Middletown who beat Moeller in the 1st rnd of the playoffs. I respect Highlands program but they are a top 3 program in the state. The schools we're comparing them to arent top 25 in Ohio....

Well said.
Stardust Wrote:I agree with you :Thumbs:

nky Wrote:After what Boone did on Friday They may be the #2 team right now in the district

I'm not buying Boone yet. Lexington teams aren't very consistent on a year to year basis. Boone may be better than we thought, but Henry Clay may have been worse too. My list: 1. Ryle 2. Campbell 3. Boone 4. SK

I would LOVE to have the selection of the population of Knoxville for little Rockcastle county! :Thumbs: TongueirateSho :Thumbs: