Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOF game Cowboys VS Bengals
Anybody else pumped to see some football!!! i really don't care if it is preseason or not as long as they're hitting each other.:popcorn:
I pick the Cincinnati Bengals to win!
The first taste of football since football camp!
i can't wait to see to and ocho....but i'd rather see my cowboys and see what they look like. personally, i think both teams can contend for the superbowl this year
beasy_bo Wrote:i can't wait to see to and ocho....but i'd rather see my cowboys and see what they look like. personally, i think both teams can contend for the superbowl this year

if the Boys DONT, i think they sould get rid of coach,me myself thinks they should have after last year...
cuppett777 Wrote:if the Boys DONT, i think they sould get rid of coach,me myself thinks they should have after last year...
i agree but they have to get rid of romo too. he just doesn't have it
I love Romo. He's improving every year and is now a top tier QB.
I love Football, and I love the Bengals. But I don't love Pre-Season football. I won't see a down live and have made no plans to stay around the house to watch it. I'll see all I need on Sportscenter when it comes to the T.Ocho-CincOwens Show.
I really dont care who wins i just want to see football :Thumbs:
Was it a good game?
Aslan Wrote:I love Romo. He's improving every year and is now a top tier QB.

What has he done to prove himself as a top tier QB? He didn't win a game in Dec. until last season, he gets worse as the season goes on and he makes a ton of stupid mistakes. A ton of QB's are much better than him.
Stardust Wrote:Was it a good game?
It was a pretty good game. Terrell Owens caught two passes for eighteen yards and Jordan Shipley almost had a punt return touchdown. There was one player that the announcers mentioned for the Cincinnati Bengals (I think he was a lineman or linebacker. His name might have been Michael Johnson.) that had a really good game.

Sadly, I think there were a few injuries.

Jarons Wrote:What has he done to prove himself as a top tier QB? He didn't win a game in Dec. until last season, he gets worse as the season goes on and he makes a ton of stupid mistakes. A ton of QB's are much better than him.

I personally think Tony Romo is a little overrated simply because everyone seems to talk about him as the second or third best quarterback in the NFL. I don't think he's the second or third best quarterback in the NFL, but I do think he's a pretty good quarterback that has improved in the last few years. I think he used to be a backup quarterback. Starting as a backup quarterback and becoming the quarterback with the eighth best quarterback ranking and ranked third in passing yards for last season is a very good step of improvement.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:It was a pretty good game. Terrell Owens caught two passes for eighteen yards and Jordan Shipley almost had a punt return touchdown. There was one player that the announcers mentioned for the Cincinnati Bengals (I think he was a lineman or linebacker. His name might have been Michael Johnson.) that had a really good game.

Sadly, I think there were a few injuries.

I personally think Tony Romo is a little overrated simply because everyone seems to talk about him as the second or third best quarterback in the NFL. I don't think he's the second or third best quarterback in the NFL, but I do think he's a pretty good quarterback that has improved in the last few years. I think he used to be a backup quarterback. Starting as a backup quarterback and becoming the quarterback with the eighth best quarterback ranking and ranked third in passing yards for last season is a very good step of improvement.

Whoever said that Romo is the second or third best QB in the league needs his head checked. He is definately not in the top 5. Top 10 may be stretching it. I will have to think about that one about the other starters in the league. Romo is not a little overrated he is one of the most overrated players in the NFL.
Cowboys lost Phillips, reserve TE for season down the road that could be big. NFL network said they had been using him as a fullback type to block out of backfield.
Jarons Wrote:Whoever said that Romo is the second or third best QB in the league needs his head checked. He is definately not in the top 5. Top 10 may be stretching it. I will have to think about that one about the other starters in the league. Romo is not a little overrated he is one of the most overrated players in the NFL.

Jarons, quick question...... Is it really hard to be a Reds fan and then a Steelers fan? Say like when you watch Reds games on FSN-Ohio and they start talking smack about the Steelers??? lol I was just wondering! Thanks dude!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:Whoever said that Romo is the second or third best QB in the league needs his head checked. He is definately not in the top 5. Top 10 may be stretching it. I will have to think about that one about the other starters in the league. Romo is not a little overrated he is one of the most overrated players in the NFL.

Last year was a big step in improvement for Romo. Name 10 Qb's that are better than Romo. I'll take off some of the obvious ones. Brady, Brees, and Peyton Manning. IMO the most overrated player in the league in Eli Manning.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Jarons, quick question...... Is it really hard to be a Reds fan and then a Steelers fan? Say like when you watch Reds games on FSN-Ohio and they start talking smack about the Steelers??? lol I was just wondering! Thanks dude!

I never really thought about that until I was asked that question by a former co-worker. That was just how was for me no one ever mentioned or questioned my sanity. As far as watching Reds games on FSN, I have one tv, a wife, and three young children. If I have an opportunity to watch the Reds, I am too tired to catch anything they may say about the Steelers. To top it off, the Cardinals and Pirates are my next two favorite teams. Try to figure that out. Strange I know.
Aslan Wrote:Last year was a big step in improvement for Romo. Name 10 Qb's that are better than Romo. I'll take off some of the obvious ones. Brady, Brees, and Peyton Manning. IMO the most overrated player in the league in Eli Manning.

The next 7 ahead of Romo:
Big Ben
Donovan McNabb
Phillip Rivers
Brett Favre (If he plays)
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco.
Vince Young, Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, and Mark Sanchez are all about the same level as Romo. Some (Not neccessarily me) would consider them better than Romo.
Jarons Wrote:I never really thought about that until I was asked that question by a former co-worker. That was just how was for me no one ever mentioned or questioned my sanity. As far as watching Reds games on FSN, I have one tv, a wife, and three young children. If I have an opportunity to watch the Reds, I am too tired to catch anything they may say about the Steelers. To top it off, the Cardinals and Pirates are my next two favorite teams. Try to figure that out. Strange I know.

LOL We will just say you are a fan of SPORTS!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:The next 7 ahead of Romo:
Big Ben
Donovan McNabb
Phillip Rivers
Brett Favre (If he plays)
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco.
Vince Young, Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, and Mark Sanchez are all about the same level as Romo. Some (Not neccessarily me) would consider them better than Romo.
Lol...
Are you serious? The bolded 4 are not on Romo's level. Joe Flacco? LOL Matt Ryan had a disappointing year last night. Sanchez is the worst QB you named. At this point in Romo's carrer he is better than McNabb. I will give you Farve and Rivers. Romo is on the same level as Rodgers and Big Ben though.
Aslan Wrote:Lol...
Are you serious? The bolded 4 are not on Romo's level. Joe Flacco? LOL Matt Ryan had a disappointing year last night. Sanchez is the worst QB you named. At this point in Romo's carrer he is better than McNabb. I will give you Farve and Rivers. Romo is on the same level as Rodgers and Big Ben though.
Aslan, I have read many of your posts. I thought many of them made sense and were solid posts. To put Tony Romo in the same category as Big Ben?! In the regular season, Romo has a slightly better passer rating and other stats (95.6 TR 90 BB). When things matter (behind at the end of the game or playoffs) Big Ben has 17 come from behind victories Romo 10. Big Ben 8-2 playoff record. Romo 1-3. Romo's career passer rating drops from 95.6 in the regular season to 80.8 in the playoffs, averages 208 yards per game passing in the playoffs. Big Ben's passer rating only drops from a 91 to 87 in the playoffs. Big Ben averages 223 yards per game passing in the playoffs, plus he has 2 large rings on his fingers.
Jarons Wrote:Aslan, I have read many of your posts. I thought many of them made sense and were solid posts. To put Tony Romo in the same category as Big Ben?! In the regular season, Romo has a slightly better passer rating and other stats (95.6 TR 90 BB). When things matter (behind at the end of the game or playoffs) Big Ben has 17 come from behind victories Romo 10. Big Ben 8-2 playoff record. Romo 1-3. Romo's career passer rating drops from 95.6 in the regular season to 80.8 in the playoffs, averages 208 yards per game passing in the playoffs. Big Ben's passer rating only drops from a 91 to 87 in the playoffs. Big Ben averages 223 yards per game passing in the playoffs, plus he has 2 large rings on his fingers.

When it comes to the playoffs there are few Qb's I would take over Big Ben.