Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Kills Two Toddlers
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1>coreAdsCreate('wnsz_20', 'loc', '100');</SCRIPT>
[Image: http://wkyt.images.worldnow.com/images/s..._trans.gif]

A sad start to the new year for a Clay County family. A fire ripped through their home killing two small children.

Officials tell us 2-year old, Ryan Messer, and his brother, 3-year old Christian Messer were killed in a Manchester home. It happened about 1:30 this afternoon in the Burning Springs area.

A 19-Year old relative was watching the children while their grandmother was out of town. Officials say they believe the babysitter was sleeping and woke up to smoke in the house...but was unsuccessful in getting the children out of the burning home.

Investigators say the cause of the fire is still unknown at this point.

The toddlers were pronounced dead on the scene by the Coroner. Their bodies will be examined by the State Medical Examiner to determine an official cause of death... but investigators do not suspect foul play.

thats down here in Manchester where i am right now. The fire happened in Burning Springs.
Sad story.
Very sad story.. their family is in my thoughts and prayers
very sad.
I seen this on the news at 6 today for the first time....Its one of the saddest stories that ive ever heard....I mean its horrible enough when an adult or a child is in a fire....but babies or toddlers?...it breaks my heart....family is in my prayers
Thats aweful