Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calipari's squad's spring grades still worst of UK teams
Ballers Wrote:Wonder what woulda happened to Duke if they met UK in season play?Confusedhh::eyeroll:

My prediction would be that Duke would have beat UK worse than WVU did.
Ballers Wrote:Well, you'd have to be crazy to think Duke stood a chance against UK, but ok suit yourself. They woulda been out-matched, out-manned, out-numbered with UK's style of ball and players.

On another good note.....
Kyle Singler is terrible, Duke doesn't impress me at all.

You're an 18%'er.

They don't have to impress you, but their 4 national titles over the last 20 odd years compared to UK's 2 impresses me enough.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:My point is these kids are not here to get a higher education. There here to win basketball games and fufill there dream to go to the nba.

I could care less what happened To CAL. Had he been at Duke Or UNC he would still have his Final Four banner.

But Still Alabama has had 3 Probation penalties in the past decade. Alabama is no cleaner Than Cal.
Why did Alabama get to keep there Bowl Games And Such?
Because compared to what Cal does (or has no knowledge of knowing, rather), Bama's transgressions are very minor. I mean really dude, textbooks? LOL...And the main reason is, well, Bama football is the greatest Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
the rule needs to be that a player needs to stay in college for atleast 4 years to get their degree
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Because compared to what Cal does (or has no knowledge of knowing, rather), Bama's transgressions are very minor. I mean really dude, textbooks? LOL...And the main reason is, well, Bama football is the greatest Smile

Lol? Your school almost received the Death Penalty in 2002. Dont get me started on the accused major violations that was brought up against BAMA. Kentucky has by far been the cleaner program Since Pitino. You Know What ill think ill mention a few.

Major findings cited by the NCAA Infractions Committee in imposing penalties on the Alabama football program:

A recruit, identified in news reports as Kenny Smith, and his parents were given $20,000 in cash, lodging and entertainment by two Crimson Tide boosters beginning in 1995. The first payment of $10,000 was made in $100 bills delivered in a grocery bag. Smith signed with Alabama but couldn't meet academic requirements.

An Alabama booster previously identified as Logan Young of Memphis, Tenn., gave cash to a high school coach who was seeking $100,000 cash and two sport-utility vehicles in exchange for directing star recruit Albert Means to Alabama.

An assistant coach, former recruiting coordinator Ronnie Cottrell, received two loans totaling $56,600 from Young in violation of NCAA rules. The loan was not repaid until the case became known.

Two boosters involved in repeated rules violations were known to the Alabama staff, coaches and fans and often were seen at the team hotel during road games.

A recruit, identified previously as Travis Carroll, was given the use of a car in 1999 for agreeing to attend Alabama. The car was repossessed when Carroll transferred to Florida.

Compared to Camby signing with an agent? Or Rose Cheating on his ACT? Now which one of these do we compare?
PC_You_Know Wrote:The jealousy runs wild.

Corey Maggette

Duke's 1999 national runner-up finish should be taken away if all schools was treated equal? If you can argue this case in anyway pls do.
Ballers Wrote:Well, you'd have to be crazy to think Duke stood a chance against UK, but ok suit yourself. They woulda been out-matched, out-manned, out-numbered with UK's style of ball and players.

On another good note.....
Kyle Singler is terrible, Duke doesn't impress me at all.

Lol, I am first and foremost a UK fan, but give me one reason why based on UK's schedule and who they played last year that tells you they were better? UConn, UNC, Florida - all dogs! You are kidding yourself!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol? Your school almost received the Death Penalty in 2002. Dont get me started on the accused major violations that was brought up against BAMA. Kentucky has by far been the cleaner program Since Pitino. You Know What ill think ill mention a few.

Major findings cited by the NCAA Infractions Committee in imposing penalties on the Alabama football program:

A recruit, identified in news reports as Kenny Smith, and his parents were given $20,000 in cash, lodging and entertainment by two Crimson Tide boosters beginning in 1995. The first payment of $10,000 was made in $100 bills delivered in a grocery bag. Smith signed with Alabama but couldn't meet academic requirements.

An Alabama booster previously identified as Logan Young of Memphis, Tenn., gave cash to a high school coach who was seeking $100,000 cash and two sport-utility vehicles in exchange for directing star recruit Albert Means to Alabama.

An assistant coach, former recruiting coordinator Ronnie Cottrell, received two loans totaling $56,600 from Young in violation of NCAA rules. The loan was not repaid until the case became known.

Two boosters involved in repeated rules violations were known to the Alabama staff, coaches and fans and often were seen at the team hotel during road games.

A recruit, identified previously as Travis Carroll, was given the use of a car in 1999 for agreeing to attend Alabama. The car was repossessed when Carroll transferred to Florida.

Compared to Camby signing with an agent? Or Rose Cheating on his ACT? Now which one of these do we compare?
Yeeeeaaaahhh..well since youve "gotten started" on Bama doing all this cheating, how many championships, national or conference, have we gotten taken away?

Im sorry, what was that?

Thats right. ZERO. Big Grin
And just so you dont forget, Kentucky isnt as respected as North Carolina, Duke, Kansas and other prestigious programs because they are known as "Cheatin' U" by everybody in college basketball. They were a big part of the biggest point shaving scandal in the HISTORY of college basketball in the late 40s and 50s. And I dont recall Bama receiving the "death sentence" in 2002. The death penalty has only been issued five times, and I can promise you, that Bama didnt get it. The only college football program to get it was SMU in the 80s. I remember some sanctions, and not being able to play in a bowl game. Thats not a death sentence. Kentucky came much closer to receiving the "death sentence" in the late 80s than Bama did in 2002. You DO realize that UK received the death sentence in 1953, wiping out the '52-'53 season, and came a hair of getting it AGAIN in the late 80s, right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PC_You_Know Wrote:My prediction would be that Duke would have beat UK worse than WVU did.

That's hilarious.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Yeeeeaaaahhh..well since youve "gotten started" on Bama doing all this cheating, how many championships, national or conference, have we gotten taken away?

Im sorry, what was that?

Thats right. ZERO. Big Grin
And just so you dont forget, Kentucky isnt as respected as North Carolina, Duke, Kansas and other prestigious programs because they are known as "Cheatin' U" by everybody in college basketball. They were a big part of the biggest point shaving scandal in the HISTORY of college basketball in the late 40s and 50s. And I dont recall Bama receiving the "death sentence" in 2002. The death penalty has only been issued five times, and I can promise you, that Bama didnt get it. The only college football program to get it was SMU in the 80s. I remember some sanctions, and not being able to play in a bowl game. Thats not a death sentence. Kentucky came much closer to receiving the "death sentence" in the late 80s than Bama did in 2002. You DO realize that UK received the death sentence in 1953, wiping out the '52-'53 season, and came a hair of getting it AGAIN in the late 80s, right?

Notice You Talked Around Everything I Pointed Out. I Said Since Pitino. I also Said They "Almost Received The Death Penalty"

Infractions committee chairman Thomas Yeager said that the committee seriously considered giving Alabama the "death penalty." He called the violations "some of the worst, most serious that have ever occurred" in NCAA history and claimed that the Crimson Tide were "absolutely staring down the barrel of a gun."
Ballers Wrote:That's hilarious.

WVU shot just as good against UK as they did Duke. No reason to think UK would have beat Duke this past season.
Why is no one upset with the UK Men's Tennis team? Their gpa was not very good either. Then again maybe they have a few one and done players as well (not). At least the UK Men's Basketball team brings in money. The tennis team has to cost UK money.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Notice You Talked Around Everything I Pointed Out. I Said Since Pitino. I also Said They "Almost Received The Death Penalty"

Infractions committee chairman Thomas Yeager said that the committee seriously considered giving Alabama the "death penalty." He called the violations "some of the worst, most serious that have ever occurred" in NCAA history and claimed that the Crimson Tide were "absolutely staring down the barrel of a gun."
Listen man, I have said a million times (that you seemingly forgot a million and one) that I DONT CARE if Bama cheats. I DONT CARE what they have to do to get the best players, as long as they get by without having wins and championships taken from us, I dont care what they do. I know, you are a hard core Bama-hater and you always have been. Its hard for you to man up and admit that I said all along last season that theyd beat Florida and your boytoy love interest Tim Tebow, and you as well as 99% of everybody on BGR said I was crazy, just another mindless Bama fan, and whatnot. Then when they played, and they BULLIED Tebow around and beat the daylights out of Florida, you started this "they cheat" bull**** because its all you have to fall back on. Its really hilarious to me. Most everybody on here took their medicine like men, instead of crying like a little 3rd grade girl. John Calipari is a dirty, slimy, smooth talking snake, and when the NCAA takes away a bunch of wins, and a final four or two, Ill save the "I told you so" for when you and everybody else on here starts calling him the worst person in the world.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PC_You_Know Wrote:WVU shot just as good against UK as they did Duke. No reason to think UK would have beat Duke this past season.
They wouldnt have. Ill take a good team with a great coach over a bunch of streetballers and an average coach any day of the week. Bob Huggins outcoached Calipari and its as simple as that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PC_You_Know Wrote:WVU shot just as good against UK as they did Duke. No reason to think UK would have beat Duke this past season.

agree 110%!!! If the team that beat you plays duke and duke beats them by double digits thats a sign! But its UK fans that think they could beat the national champs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Listen man, I have said a million times (that you seemingly forgot a million and one) that I DONT CARE if Bama cheats. I DONT CARE what they have to do to get the best players, as long as they get by without having wins and championships taken from us, I dont care what they do. I know, you are a hard core Bama-hater and you always have been. Its hard for you to man up and admit that I said all along last season that theyd beat Florida and your boytoy love interest Tim Tebow, and you as well as 99% of everybody on BGR said I was crazy, just another mindless Bama fan, and whatnot. Then when they played, and they BULLIED Tebow around and beat the daylights out of Florida, you started this "they cheat" bull**** because its all you have to fall back on. Its really hilarious to me. Most everybody on here took their medicine like men, instead of crying like a little 3rd grade girl. John Calipari is a dirty, slimy, smooth talking snake, and when the NCAA takes away a bunch of wins, and a final four or two, Ill save the "I told you so" for when you and everybody else on here starts calling him the worst person in the world.

IF you can find a spot where i said they cheated against florida pls do. The Cheating thing was about spurlock saying something about spotting the ball.

Why do you go on about Calipari being this and that and u dont give a flying **** if your own program cheats? I have no clue what any of this has to do with tebow or florida. Guess your just holding grudges were i was talking about Alabama. O well.

As for the bold part. Why bash cal if he is doing the same thing as your program?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:IF you can find a spot where i said they cheated against florida pls do. The Cheating thing was about spurlock saying something about spotting the ball.

Why do you go on about Calipari being this and that and u dont give a flying **** if your own program cheats? I have no clue what any of this has to do with tebow or florida. Guess your just holding grudges were i was talking about Alabama. O well.

As for the bold part. Why bash cal if he is doing the same thing as your program?
Okay, as for me finding a spot where you said we cheated, why dont you go up to your last few posts. All youve done is point out how many times weve broken the rules. I never said anywhere that you said it was against Florida. You hate Bama because they whipped up on your boy Tebow. Thats what I meant by that (and Im sure that you know that as well, but you are absolutely terrible at trying to get someone to mix their words). As far as me caring about Cal cheating, I dont. Its the UK fans with the "Cal has never done anything wrong in his whole life" attitude that I like to jab at. Its nothing serious as its all in fun. Then you come and throw the "Bama almost got the death penalty" crap at me, when your school has already had it once, and came close to getting it again. Loosen up man and quit trying to start debates with me all the time, because this wont be any different than the other 30. Youll get your *** handed to you again Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Okay, as for me finding a spot where you said we cheated, why dont you go up to your last few posts. All youve done is point out how many times weve broken the rules. I never said anywhere that you said it was against Florida. You hate Bama because they whipped up on your boy Tebow. Thats what I meant by that (and Im sure that you know that as well, but you are absolutely terrible at trying to get someone to mix their words). As far as me caring about Cal cheating, I dont. Its the UK fans with the "Cal has never done anything wrong in his whole life" attitude that I like to jab at. Its nothing serious as its all in fun. Then you come and throw the "Bama almost got the death penalty" crap at me, when your school has already had it once, and came close to getting it again. Loosen up man and quit trying to start debates with me all the time, because this wont be any different than the other 30. Youll get your *** handed to you again Big Grin

I coudlnt care less about tebow. Check the NFL threads were i bashed him for not being a pro style QB and argued with people. I wasn't starting one with you. I Argue with anyone with a different opinion. Its what a forum is for. I was defending my coach. You do it. I do it.
YOu said that bamas transgressions are very minor. So i showed you that they were not. Smile.

After a few Text Book gestures and jokes you got upset and started talking about are past arguments for some odd reason. No matter how big your ego is and thinking you handed something to me.

"Then when they played, and they BULLIED Tebow around and beat the daylights out of Florida, you started this "they cheat" bull**** because its all you have to fall back on."

Maybe thats where i got it? Maybe i took it differently?
I honestly couldn't care less about Alabama football. Or Florida Or any other school but UK.

I was just messing with your on the text book matter and you was offended.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I coudlnt care less about tebow. Check the NFL threads were i bashed him for not being a pro style QB and argued with people. I wasn't starting one with you. I Argue with anyone with a different opinion. Its what a forum is for. I was defending my coach. You do it. I do it.
YOu said that bamas transgressions are very minor. So i showed you that they were not. Smile.

After a few Text Book gestures and jokes you got upset and started talking about are past arguments for some odd reason. No matter how big your ego is and thinking you handed something to me.

"Then when they played, and they BULLIED Tebow around and beat the daylights out of Florida, you started this "they cheat" bull**** because its all you have to fall back on."

Maybe thats where i got it? Maybe i took it differently?
lol, I wasnt offended..I just know that you loved Tebow and you love UK. And I knew what buttons to push to get you going..as far as transgressions from Bama and/or UK, who cares. Like I said, as long as they dont start taking wins and championships from us, I could care less. I dont care what the publics perception of Alabama football is. Alabama football is under the same watchful eye as UK basketball now. Neither team is squeaky clean, and both programs have a history of bending the rules. The advice I can give UK fans is to expect something different every other week, because as long as Cal is at the helm, the NCAA will be right there watching over his shoulder. And as long as they dont start taking wins and final fours, then UK fans shouldnt care either..but you ARE a Bama hater, lol..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol, I wasnt offended..I just know that you loved Tebow and you love UK. And I knew what buttons to push to get you going..as far as transgressions from Bama and/or UK, who cares. Like I said, as long as they dont start taking wins and championships from us, I could care less. I dont care what the publics perception of Alabama football is. Alabama football is under the same watchful eye as UK basketball now. Neither team is squeaky clean, and both programs have a history of bending the rules. The advice I can give UK fans is to expect something different every other week, because as long as Cal is at the helm, the NCAA will be right there watching over his shoulder. And as long as they dont start taking wins and final fours, then UK fans shouldnt care either..but you ARE a Bama hater, lol..

Agreed
You guys act like UK gets mistreated or something by the NCAA! I think they get the better end of it if you ask me
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:You guys act like UK gets mistreated or something by the NCAA! I think they get the better end of it if you ask me

Do you always just go in a thread and splurge out randomly not knowing what your saying? Noone is saying UK is getting mistreated...
Ballers Wrote:Do you always just go in a thread and splurge out randomly not knowing what your saying? Noone is saying UK is getting mistreated...

Thats what it sounds like, "as long as coach cal is at UK the NCAA will always be on his back" sounds like just cause cal is at Uk he is always going to be watched extra close!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
TidesHoss32 Wrote:We havent had any championships or appearances taken from us though Wink How many Final Fours does Cal have again?

Could happen.
Someone had to be last...