Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical: Why would Lebron James want to play for Coach Cal?
First and foremost, I do not believe that Cal goes to the NBA this year. But, with the widespread media attention that continues to link Lebron's free agent team search, and Calipari as his potential coach, I have sat dumbfounded trying to come up with a solid link as to why Lebron would hant Calipari as his coach in the NBA.

Knowing that Calipari had a very unsuccessful NBA coaching stint, and he has accomplished at the college level, the exact same resume as Lebron's former coach Brown, meaning having spectacular Season's but very disappointing post seasons with the talent he has had, why would Lebron want to have Calipari lead him in his quest to win championships?

This is no knock on either, but a very realistic question that I have not once heard the media elaborate on.
Good question.
Most teams in the NBA could do what they are doing without a coach. I really don't see what the big deal is.
Ballers Wrote:Most teams in the NBA could do what they are doing without a coach. I really don't see what the big deal is.

I don't disagree, thus why fire Brown from Cleveland?
Coach Cal knows that a majority of NBA players including Lebron James are uncoachable anyway!! Who seriously thinks that these guys with egos the size of their paychecks are going to listen to anyone teach them anything about the game of basketball?
Stardust Wrote:I don't disagree, thus why fire Brown from Cleveland?

I dont see why they fired brown. Everyone said all year this was the year all the pieces came together. So the blame lays on the players and their performance.

On The Cal Question: Being at New Jersey did cal have any talent or even a productive team when starting there? You cant win without a good team no matter who you are. Ask larry brown after he left Detroit. Did Cal Enter the league before he was ready?

Lebron and Cal being very close would have to be the main reason/ If any reason to why he would want cal to coach him.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I dont see why they fired brown. Everyone said all year this was the year all the pieces came together. So the blame lays on the players and their performance.

On The Cal Question: Being at New Jersey did cal have any talent or even a productive team when starting there? You cant win without a good team no matter who you are. Ask larry brown after he left Detroit. Did Cal Enter the league before he was ready?

Lebron and Cal being very close would have to be the main reason/ If any reason to why he would want cal to coach him.

So Lebron needs somebody to pal around with? I didn't know he was in need of having his buddy's coach his team.

Cal's legacy with the Nets: He prompted the draft day trade of NBA All Star Tim Thomas in order to draft Keith Van Horn and later traded Sam Cassell for Stephon Marbury.
Stardust Wrote:So Lebron needs somebody to pal around with? I didn't know he was in need of having his buddy's coach his team.

Did i say thats what he should do? I said thats what he looks like hes doing. But its hard to tell with nike burning the tapes.

Cal's legacy with the Nets: He prompted the draft day trade of NBA All Star Tim Thomas in order to draft Keith Van Horn and later traded Sam Cassell for Stephon Marbury.

Stephon Marbury was amazing for a total of like 6 months lol. Maybe he could do good on a team that has a star or 2.
Stardust Wrote:I don't disagree, thus why fire Brown from Cleveland?

And in answer to that question, having the best record in reg. season and flopping in the playoffs 2 years in a row.. That's why. Don't get me wrong tho, I think Brown is a good coach but I can also see why the owner is ****ed.