Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snowball Classic in Frankfort--P-Burg 61 Holy Cross 45
Snowball Classic in Frankfort--P-Burg 61 Holy Cross 45----Final
Michael Stephens had 24 to lead P-Burg.
Finally Michael had his breakout game good job mike. Good job blackcats now lets keep winning
Stats?
Way to go Blackcats!!! Congrats!!
Don't know much about Holy Cross boys, but there girls team is pretty good. Hopefully Stephens will continue to play this well.
Terrific Job Blackcats! FINALLY!!! I've been waiting for you all to have an awesome game like this!! Finish off the rest of the season - just like you did today!
It's nice to know we can go out of the region to another part of the state and compete with teams from down there.
Good Job Mike, keep it going. You're finally on the right track now!
KEEP IT UP CATS!!! Bring another one home for us, but more importantly- YOURSELVES!!!
The Blackcats played well all four quarters. Not the best they can play but 100% better than yesterday. Lewis Barnette played today after being very sick the last four days. His shot was short and his jump not as high due to weakness, he played all in all about half the game and played well considering. Michael Stephens played well as did Sean Leslie Nick McGuire Brooks Herrick and Trevor Patton was a big boost off the bench as was Bobby Hughes and Tyler Mullins. They can play better than they did today but no complants here. Louisville Holy Cross has a very fast, aggressive, good 3 point shooting team that press the whole game. The Cats broke the press with no problems most of the time. Congrats Cats, They play the Consolation game tomorrow at 12:35. Crisp and his staff did a very good job, trying to watch the ones sick out quick when energy levels died in them.
TC, how did the scoring go for the Cats?
Im not sure, Leslie McGurie, Herrick, Barnette, Patton, Hughes all scored along with Stephens 24, (22 in the 2nd half). Hall may have scored as well. If I can get any stats I'll let you know.
I know that you've usually got them... Thanks!
good win for the cats
Stephens 24 (10 for 11 from the stripe)

Leslie- 4 blocks, 7 points, 7 boards

Barnette- 8pts

Herrick- 7pts

Trevor Patton 6 boards, 5 pts

McGuire & Mullins make up the differnce
"THUNDERCHILD" Wrote:Stephens 24 (10 for 11 from the stripe)

Leslie- 4 blocks, 7 points, 7 boards

Barnette- 8pts

Herrick- 7pts

Trevor Patton 6 boards, 5 pts

McGuire & Mullins make up the differnce

You know I started a post some time ago about Patton and Mullins not getting any time on the floor. Sometimes it takes a little adversity to discover what you have on the bench. With Pburg beginning to use Mullins and Patton, this will bode well for Pburg in the near future. Pburg has a deep, deep bench and should be difficult for other teams to contain once they get to hitting on all cylinders. Congrats to the B-Cats!
What adversity? It's like any other team, you have to prove yourself when the chance comes. As was posted about the game yesterday, nearly all of the bench played ad Patton did well when his chance came. Which is great. Im not trying to be contraversiol, but there was no and is no adversity on the team. everyone is glad to see players stepping up to contribute. I agree, the Blackcats are deeper than anyone really knows.
Providing they're performing on that particular night.
"THUNDERCHILD" Wrote:What adversity? It's like any other team, you have to prove yourself when the chance comes. As was posted about the game yesterday, nearly all of the bench played ad Patton did well when his chance came. Which is great. Im not trying to be contraversiol, but there was no and is no adversity on the team. everyone is glad to see players stepping up to contribute. I agree, the Blackcats are deeper than anyone really knows.
Providing they're performing on that particular night.
Thunderchild, you completely took my post wrong. The adversity I was alluding to was the starters being under the weather. Without those kids being under the weather, those kids on the bench may never have been in the game.
My Bad beaverCreekConnecton, I am very sorry. I guess Im just so used to the Blackcats being attacked on here I was defensive.