Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best and worst coaches in the 15th region
I would like to hear some thoughts on the best and worst coaches in the 15th region?
The best is BMR
I would agree BBaller!! Henry Webb use to be a good one!!
Best-BMR
"torQQue" Wrote:I would agree BBaller!! Henry Webb use to be a good one!!
PDT_003
Definitely BMR... there are some good ones, but noone is close to the legend.
BMR is a great coach. Hurley is a good coach too IMO.
BMJ is definately a legend in this region. He is to that school what Hillard was to pikeville in the 80's. He can really get the best out of his team and really works the sideline. I agree QQ Webb was on his way to becoming a legend in the region with 4 straight district titles, 15 region all a champion and a 15 region champ. Not to metion a WYMT champ. He also could work a sideline.
You've mentioned good ones, now mention some bad ones. I'd have to say Thomas of Pikeville, and Crisp of P-burg as my 2 bad ones. Neither have proved much since being Head Coach.
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:You've mentioned good ones, now mention some bad ones. I'd have to say Thomas of Pikeville, and Crisp of P-burg as my 2 bad ones. Neither have proved much since being Head Coach.

I agree.. Crisp has the talent he just never plays them right.. He makes a lot of calls that I don't understand at all.
I agree. Thomas has shown much. Crisp has had a very talented team at least the last coouple of years but does not know how to play them. How can you beat BL so bad but struggle to Pikeville and lose to SC. Also I think Martin at AC has past his day with the Rebels. In the past he could turn a bad or not so good AC team into a contender be year end, not so the last 2-3 years. I think the jury might still be out on Halls return to head coach of the Raiders.
"15thRegionCrazy" Wrote:
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:You've mentioned good ones, now mention some bad ones. I'd have to say Thomas of Pikeville, and Crisp of P-burg as my 2 bad ones. Neither have proved much since being Head Coach.

I agree.. Crisp has the talent he just never plays them right.. He makes a lot of calls that I don't understand at all.

lol I couldnt agree more.
I still believe that Coach Martin has what it takes to be a winner as far as his coaching abilities. I would say that BMR is one of the better coaches in the state and does a great job at Paintsville. People talk about the talent that has flowed thru there but those players have to be developed and I think that is where he stands out. Hall at SF is no Webb but there are not many that could be.
I would have to say that the best coach would have to be Paintsvilles coach.......... He has done great thing with that program and i think he is going to many more great things with his teams..........

The worst coach would have to be prestonsburgs coach he has had many good teams and just cant seen to put it together......
I think you have to look at the big picture.
One should look at the size of a school and its background.
I am not defending or for that matter pointing my finger at anyone.
But look at your largest schools over the past 25 years, more students to choose from. But then you look at the Indy schools, they ahve an advantage. I beleive that a man can only bluff so long sooner or later one must play the hand they are dealt.
It is a thankless job for fools, so we must thank them for being fodder for our post.
"Nothin But Net" Wrote:The worst coach would have to be prestonsburgs coach he has had many good teams and just cant seen to put it together......
I know of the past two years (not counting this years team), we should have at least been in the championship of the regional tournament. We had the talent, but lacked coaching. It has been that way since Jack Pack left the high school.
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:
"Nothin But Net" Wrote:The worst coach would have to be prestonsburgs coach he has had many good teams and just cant seen to put it together......
I know of the past two years (not counting this years team), we should have at least been in the championship of the regional tournament. We had the talent, but lacked coaching. It has been that way since Jack Pack left the high school.

Your right BCF4L!
Well to me the best coach in the 15th isnt even coaching this year which is Rodney Rowe he is a great guy and a great coach who knows alot about the game and knows how to win.. But the best coach that is coaching has to be BMR and a close second is James Hurley he gets everything out of his kids.
Randy Casey - Belfry

IMO< he is one of the best in the Region right now...He is doing an awesome job turning around our program. It's definitely on the right track again.
I agree about Randy. He seems to be very dedicated to the Belfry program and has the interest needed to bring them back to a solid team year in and out.
I dont know much avout Crisp at Prestonsburg, but in my opinion, Dave Thomas(Pikeville) has to be one of the worst coaches in the State! He took a VERY talented 99' team to state only to lose in the first round to -------. Since that year all he has done is lose.

I would have to say that James Hurley is the best. He has taken a talented East Ridge team to two Regional Championships in a row.
Barry Hall