Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J.K. Ratliff
Will J.k. be able to carry the load for JC next year. I'll post my thoughts later.:big grin:
Yea sure
Why wouldn't he be. :Thumbs: Most of the same players he did well against on the J.V side of things will move up as well and with the experience he will have with him, I think he will do just fine. The only thing I see that will slow him down is his scrambling ability. He can run, but he is just so lanky that it makes him seem slower than what he probably is. I'm sure Coach Matney will open things up a bit more because of JK's arm strength. He is really strong in the upper body :wieghts: , but his lower body needs a little more fine tuning. JCHS had an offense that went one way or the other. You handed it off to Blume or Music would keep it, sometimes a little to much. But I think with JK's ability to throw the ball, especially deep he can make this one dimentional offense into a multiple one. I promise you that he has one of the sweetest looking deep throws in this area. Good luck to him and JCHS next year!! :champ:
Yes i agree with the voice on this one, he done very well playing against the jv and he can really launch a football. I believe by next year his scrambling ability will be better though, after coach matney shows him a thing or two. I think he will have no problem leadin the team though.
i agree with the voice on this on this one. Jk does have a very strong upper body and moderate speed, he also knows football very well:graduate: . And he can bullit the long ball if he only has the recievers to catch it. I believe by next season he will be in complete control, especially after matney shows him a few more things :coach: .
I don't think he'll do so swell... He might suprise me thouh...
I hope he does good
Quote:

i agree with the voice on this on this one. Jk does have a very strong upper body and moderate speed, he also knows football very well:graduate: . And he can bullit the long ball if he only has the recievers to catch it. I believe by next season he will be in complete control, especially after matney shows him a few more things :coach: .

Moderate speed? I heard his 40 time was like a 5.3 or something pathetic like that!
I was there when he ran his 40.....it was better than a 5.3 but still was slow. I think it was a 4.9
J.K will be able todo anything. He is a smart kid and If he listen's to matney

It will be crazy what he will be able to do...JK will be a team leader
TERMINATOR X Wrote:i agree with the voice on this on this one. Jk does have a very strong upper body and moderate speed, he also knows football very well:graduate: . And he can bullit the long ball if he only has the recievers to catch it. I believe by next season he will be in complete control, especially after matney shows him a few more things :coach: .

Moderate speed? I heard his 40 time was like a 5.3 or something pathetic like that!
He does have decent speedbut its nothing compared to Blume or cross toen rival (sophmore) Bear Hunter Preston
I hear that he is slow and doesnt like to get hit
He may be a little slow but i believe he can take a hit.
Wow IDK if JK will be ready Hes gonna have to work his rear end off to prepare himself for a tough district and a tougher region. Coach Matney is a firm believer that a QB should be a leader and idk if hes ready for that yet...all in all i think his ground game is terrible but his air attack is superb
:Thumbs:
Eagle Football Wrote:He may be a little slow but i believe he can take a hit.
He can take a hit, He did get hurt but that was an accident. JK has a great arm and knows how to be a leader.
Cash Wrote:He can take a hit, He did get hurt but that was an accident. JK has a great arm and knows how to be a leader.

Losing the greatest captain a team can have in Sean Music will be some hella shoes to fill for J.K. Why hell yeah he's got a rocket launcher for an arm. ut this off-season he needs to work on some speed drills and work on reading the belly!:headphone
I agree... I think he'll be a good QB though if he can fit into the system...
I don't think the team has a specific system, I can see Matney building the offense around what he has which could very well be a passing attack. Ratliff supposively has a better arm than Music did, and with losing the likes of Blume in the backfield along with Taylor returning at WR. I can see a more pass happy offense than you've seen before at Johnson Central.
JK will be fine. Working hard everyday. He will run this offense well because he has got to sit back and watch Sean Music do it for the last 2 seasons. He is a smart kid and understands the game well. The biggest question for JK is will he be able to check at the line as well as Music did? He is smart and I believe he will have a great season.
The more i see Jay practice the more impressed i am his passing game is a powerload and hes doing excellent reading the belly option
He does have a cannon!