Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Best year of Betsy Layne?
BL has got better each year but they need that statement win, even if Pikeville is down. If they can beat the Panthers, they will take their program to a new level.
EKU does not play in the FBS. They play in a watered down division. They play in Division IAA while Kentucky plays in the FBS. Two total different leagues, like I said. They are considered division 1 but its AA.

Seems to me, its pretty sad that everytime there is something said on here its negative toward BL. I told you all that UK was looking at Casey, you all laughed, he came and visited. Lets be positive, about a program that is definitely on the way up.
sheriff Wrote:EKU does not play in the FBS. They play in a watered down division. They play in Division IAA while Kentucky plays in the FBS. Two total different leagues, like I said. They are considered division 1 but its AA.

Seems to me, its pretty sad that everytime there is something said on here its negative toward BL. I told you all that UK was looking at Casey, you all laughed, he came and visited. Lets be positive, about a program that is definitely on the way up.

So you are saying that basically they are not D1 because you say they are not? Great logic :eyeroll:. And I hope the best for Betsy Lane and Casey as a player I am just saying it takes a whole different kind of athlete to be able to strap it up against Florida and Auburn every week.
So the watered down system that has had some pretty big upsets against elite FBS schools in the last couple of years isn't worthy to be called divison 1? Or the system that has sent many quality players to the NFL isn't good enough? I think that you're dilusions of grandeur are imparing your ability to accept the fact that you were not aware that there are 2 classes in D1 football. FBS and FCS. I'm pretty sure that they both have highly competitive divisions. And I wish BL the best this year and I hope Casey gets to play at a higher level. I also think that if he were to play college ball at any level it would be a great accomplishment because for 1 you get a quality education without having to pay for it and 2 you get to continue playing the sport you love. I just hope that if he doesn't get the chance to play at FBS schools he doesn't get discouraged because of people on here saying that its all or nothing when it comes to being proud of yourself for being able to play past high school.
I was wrong about the two divisions. I dont like the fact that, if I post about a kid on here, people on here bash it. I didnt start this thread, but I like posting updates about the team. Its not often people get excited about Betsy Layne football and now that things are looking up I to, am excited.
sheriff Wrote:I was wrong about the two divisions. I dont like the fact that, if I post about a kid on here, people on here bash it. I didnt start this thread, but I like posting updates about the team. Its not often people get excited about Betsy Layne football and now that things are looking up I to, am excited.
I think that is the problem. Don't have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to BL topics and threads. I think people get caught up in these forums and what people say. You know what BL has...don't worry about what other people think.
Bobcats 8-2 maybe 9-1 if everyone returns go big blue.
bub lewis Wrote:i think that is the problem. Don't have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to bl topics and threads. I think people get caught up in these forums and what people say. You know what bl has...don't worry about what other people think.

great point
sheriff Wrote:During open gym, the UK football Coach Ortmayer, watched some kids play ball. He fell in love with Casey Adkins. He also liked a couple of other players enough to invite them to camp as well. I think it would be nice to see a bobcat make it to the big screen. Why do you got to hate for, did you not forget that Kyle Howell from SF is playing at a great school in EKU. Its not D1, but its a great school. Also Casey was named CJ all state honorable mention in two positions. (LB &RB) Thats not half bad.

Who else was invited? Surely more than one talented player on this team!
Yea there was a University of Kentucky and Pikeville College coach at Betsy Layne High and talked with kids and shook hands, can you imagine what this has done for the athletes at this school? Imagine a kid that has never day dreamed about being apart of something special, the biggest sack or the greatest catch and or the biggest run. These kids feel like they have a reason to play athletics they have a goal, these kids will not stop and will not give up, these kids will make this day dream come true and thats what its all about for our kids.

As far the college coaches I think it should be mandatory for them to visit high schools and talk to the kids and let them know there special now and will be in the future for this community and others...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
how did Casey do at UK camp ?
Heard Casey Done well at the camp. He ran a 4.6 40. Thats pretty good.
yea 4:6 40 is faster then I thought he was, looking forward to this year, winning season for the Bobcats YES, conf. champs sure...Is there a team in the conf. with a more talented team? If there is I havn't seen them...Boyd Co. will be are first scrimmmage, will be a true test of where the Bobcats are....GL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
Not to put anyone down, but I haven't seen a D1 player in the whole area. When you are talking about playing in the SEC, you have to have size, strength, and speed. Unfortunately, I don't see anyone around that can play at that level.
School Admin. Wrote:Not to put anyone down, but I haven't seen a D1 player in the whole area. When you are talking about playing in the SEC, you have to have size, strength, and speed. Unfortunately, I don't see anyone around that can play at that level.
Completly agreed.
If you can run a 4.6 40, thats not sec speed? What is sec speed?
I've seen guys that run a 4.4 but didn't get offered...I think it's more then speed that makes you SEC quality.
We are talking about a kid wanting to play division one.

Is it possible, yes? You all said UK wouldnt come and see him, they did. Lets just hope for the best. If Casey ever reads this, work hard and good things happen, its time to prove everyone wrong.
sheriff Wrote:We are talking about a kid wanting to play division one.

Is it possible, yes? You all said UK wouldnt come and see him, they did. Lets just hope for the best. If Casey ever reads this, work hard and good things happen, its time to prove everyone wrong.

Casey is a great kid and athlete! I hope he gets all he wants and deserves!:rockon:

Good Luck this yr Casey!:Clap:
I remember watching Dallas Greer play in high school and went to UK and he was talented and ran under a 4.5 but never saw any real playing time. So for Mr. Atkins, that would be a stretch to say he would get an offer. But for his size that speed isn't bad, just not SEC speed like others have said.
Yeah a 4.6 40 use to be great about 15 years ago. A 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 is obviously way better and that is SEC speed.
Can someone please list UK players that run a 4.2 or a 4.3?
On Kentucky's committed list from this past year and next year, they have four people run a 4.4 two running backs and two defensive backs.

You fought the law and the LAW WON!
Oh theres plenty of UK players running below a 4.4. Heres just a few i could find.

Running Backs
Derricke Locke - 4.21
Coshik Smith- Below 4.3
Raymond Sanders- 4.35
Couldnt find any running backs above a 4.5.

Db's
Anthony Mosely- 4.36
Paul Warford- 4.4

Wide Recievers
E.J Fields- 4.4
Alex Dutton - 4.3
Brian Adams- 4.4

Safety
Winston Guy-4.35
I would be willing to bet they have 2 or 3 D-linemen that run a 4.6 40.
Even with that I would say that there is a ton running a 4.5 to a 4.6 that is not a DB, RB, or a WR.
Looks to me like Betsy Land will have a great season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]