Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Region 4 2006
Does anyone think we can have another state championship from region 4 in 2006?
If this question is open for all classes than the best chances are in 3A with Bell and Rock, with Rock the favorite. They return a large number of players. In 2A I would think region 4 would be very tough. Middlesboro was young last young, and I look for them to make a run. Belfry should be Belfry, and Prestonsburg should be improved. Class A, I don't think anyone has a shot at a state title. I look for Pikeville to be back on top, with Somerset, Lynn Camp and Paintsville with good shots at winning the region.
Rock would most likely have the best chance of all of the Region 4 teams. They had a good showing last year and only trailed the state champs 21-20 at halftime. From what I've heard, Rock returns most of their players, including their starting RB who was injured for most of the end of last season.
Tomcat68 Wrote:From what I've heard, Rock returns most of their players, including their starting RB who was injured for most of the end of last season.

Yes, Rockcastle returns a lot from last year, mainly on their offensive line where they return four of five starters, including tackle Brad Durham, who will most likely be an all-state candidate next year. They also return leading receiver Shawn Childress (37 receptions, 844 yards, 9 TD, 22.8 yards per catch). That RB they had that was injured will be returning, and one of their starting offensive linemen who had to sit the season because of a leg injury (he injured it in a scrimage) returns.
i meant class 2a but i guess we could discuss all classes. sorry for not specifying
Rock has an extremly good frosh team... to bad when we played them we had most of our key players out due to staph
2A: Look for P-burg to challenge
1A: The Panthers return in top form
Belfry in 2A, Pikeville in 1A.
lynn camp 1a
pikeville will win region and contend for state next yr...

pikeville returns either 7 or 8 starters from last yrs squad that had 6 shutouts and only gave up 7 to pburg....these last 3-4 positions will be filled with players that started some games lasst yr...this team is really deep defensively...

with def coord. micheal copley returning for his 2nd yr, the panthers will be fundamently sound and extremely tuff all yr...i look for everyone to be suprised come pike co bowl when the panthers host henry clay...
I also think Pikeville will win the region 4 next year but I have no reason to believe that they will be able to compete with the winner of region 3...I hope I'm wrong. In AA Belfry will be tough as should Middlesboro be. In AAA I think Bell and Rockcastle will be very tough.
I definitely think Region 4 could have a State Champion again in all three classes. Here's the favorites IMO in 2006 that could bring it to the mountains.

1A - Lynn Camp, Somerset, Paintsville & Pikeville
2A - Belfry, Middlesboro & Leslie Co.
3A - Rock, Bell Co.