Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Orton's Facebook says he's leaving for San Francisco
Orton changed his Facebook status to "on to San Fran..time to get to work!". Apparently, this means he is leaving Lexington.

If he has indeed dropped out of school, then this could cost UK a scholarship.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=48832
UK could lose a scholarship because of this. What a selfish move.

That could be Elisha's scholarship that Orton just threw down the drain.
It's not selfish for Orton to leave. I don't think it is smart of him though. Another year and he could be a lottery pick.
Hope he has a good time in the Latin America Professional League. (kidding)

But I do think this a very selfish move to do this to UK, when they gave him a chance to play here. This will really hurt the APR rating and makes CAL and the University look bad.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FBALL Wrote:It's not selfish for Orton to leave. I don't think it is smart of him though. Another year and he could be a lottery pick.

The scouts may be telling him otherwise, but I agree, I think another year would really help him.

I wish Daniel the best of luck.
EDIT: ahh best of luck orton
I don't blame Orton a bit. If he is drafted in the first round he will be making more money in a few years than alot of people will make in their lives. Almost anybody would make the same decision.
the#1Balla Wrote:orton.....way to go on doing UK wrong, i hope you go undrafted just don't come back, pretty pathetic, taking away a scholarship making the university and coach Cal look bad. This is the type of players that UK doesn't need, the ones that are only looking out for themselves.....and Daniel Orton is a prime example for this........pathetic....have fun in the d-league if you even get there.

remember he IS a kid, and everyone makes mistakes, why would you wish that on some one, so i guess if you make a mistake at work your boss should fire you? just wondering,remember the BIBLE says to forgive 70x7 a day..
I'm having a bad day lol...not in the best of mood, so i guess ur rite.....best of luck orton....
Good Luck Daniel. Hope it works out for you.
Everyone should go and read Daniels tweets. He is having a rough time still with his mom dying and says he cares what UK fans think of him. He is a kid--cut him some slack.....Maybe he feels like his families future is all on his shoulders..GOOD LUCK DANIEL
KSR is reporting that Orton will finish his UK classes while in California. Maybe everyone jumped ship on Orton a little too soon?
People, you aren't getting it.

No one is calling Daniel selfish for entering the draft. I, too, think it's a smart move and I don't blame him.

The selfish part is that he is dropping his classes and going to train for the NBA. By him doing this, it will/may damage UK's APR rating enough to cost them an athletic scholarship. And that is selfish.
Orton is now saying he will finish his UK classes from the Cayman Islands in San Fran.
the#1Balla Wrote:I'm having a bad day lol...not in the best of mood, so i guess ur rite.....best of luck orton....

we all have them,thats part of life, way to be a man and admitt it..
Who else could leave school and finish their classes from an island I guess by correspondence or computer.
.I was hoping he'd realize he won't get drafted that high and come back to UK.
.If he transferred anywhere else he'd have to sit out a year wouldn't he and obivously in next one to two years he will want to try NBA again.
.He'll be a lot more ready for NBA if he stays in college for one or two years. And with all players leaving it seems he would get lots of playing time at UK.
.I don't think he will be in the lottery. NO way I can see that. If he is projected late first round or second round will he stay in draft?
alfus21 Wrote:Hope he has a good time in the Latin America Professional League. (kidding)

But I do think this a very selfish move to do this to UK, when they gave him a chance to play here. This will really hurt the APR rating and makes CAL and the University look bad.

BALONEY!!!!

UK or any other college doesn't give a crap about Daniel Orton the person, it is only Daniel Orton the player they are after.

If he cant produce they bench him and if he is not good enough they dont recruit him. It's that simple . It is all about business at this level.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:BALONEY!!!!

UK or any other college doesn't give a crap about Daniel Orton the person, it is only Daniel Orton the player they are after.

If he cant produce they bench him and if he is not good enough they dont recruit him. It's that simple . It is all about business at this level.

I agree.:Thumbs:
lets hope he is gone to the nba. that will save UK 2-6 pts a game on goaltends. maybe even more since he fouls every possesion.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:BALONEY!!!!

:Thumbs: When I stay out of politics, I find that you and me agree on almost everything else.
PC_You_Know Wrote:UK could lose a scholarship because of this. What a selfish move.

That could be Elisha's scholarship that Orton just threw down the drain.
With EJ demanding a 4 year ride, when UK only gives 1 year at a time, I don't think we have to worry about EJ's UK scholly.
TheRealVille Wrote::Thumbs: When I stay out of politics, I find that you and me agree on almost everything else.
lol!!!!! Well, how about I tutor with you on the politics.:biggrin:
TheRealVille Wrote:With EJ demanding a 4 year ride, when UK only gives 1 year at a time, I don't think we have to worry about EJ's UK scholly.

It was just a guess. I don't even think Elisha ends up at UK.
Has anyone looked at Daniels twitter account today? All this talk of him causing UK to lose a scholarship is starting to get on his nerves...Go check it out.:redboxer:
fanofBBN Wrote:Everyone should go and read Daniels tweets. He is having a rough time still with his mom dying and says he cares what UK fans think of him. He is a kid--cut him some slack.....Maybe he feels like his families future is all on his shoulders..GOOD LUCK DANIEL

Please pray for Orton and his family. That must be pretty difficult to go through.

Good luck Daniel in whatever you do. :thumpsup:
Orton will be a great NBA player! He is super athletic....He may not be a lottery pick but he has big future...Anyone that says it is selfish, it would be selfish of you to want him to stay...He could make millions and you guys want him to stay another season...I agree he needs another year but i dont blame him for going
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"