Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland
Lets hear it...
It will be a rough season for the baseball team. Only 1 quality pitcher in Brandon Williams, questions at catcher, shortstop. The pitching woes will plague this team, they have the ability to put up big #'s and a lot of runs, but i dont think they can stop other teams from scoring right with them. Most of their games will be high scoring affairs.
i agree with ray ray. this will be a rebuilding year for the tomcats. they have a very young team and have the choice of the starting catcher with fields davis or freshman cris duvall. i have heard that duvall has been catching for williams a lot lately and they are starting to work well. however, they will be stuggling greatly with the pitching. brandon cant do it all! who else would they have to pitch?
They have Wilcox, Bonner, Bias, Barber, maybe Withrow, or Tomlin if they're desperate. Bias is the only one with a quality start. They need to build some of their younger pitchers up come tourney time or they will be one and done.
I have seen Davis down on the field a lot lately throwing with Bonner, Barber and a few others. I stayed and watched a little bit and they were all throwing very well.
I think Ashland will have more talent than people are giving them credit for.

GO CATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flame:
They've also got Caleb Rigsby a sophomore who pitched a little varsity last year.
"ILOVEBASEBALL" Wrote:I think Ashland will have more talent than people are giving them credit for.

GO CATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flame:

I agree becuase we got rid of AC who was not a very good short stop, but we will be missing our big catcher who was an inforcer last year when it came to the play at the plate. I see Ashland defending their district title very well.
Tomcats will be very tough with Williams on mound. Offense may be a little weak though.
Ashland will be better than a lot of people think. They have 9 varsity players returning and all have improved a lot.
"tomcatnation" Wrote:I agree becuase we got rid of AC who was not a very good short stop, but we will be missing our big catcher who was an inforcer last year when it came to the play at the plate. I see Ashland defending their district title very well.

I agree that we will miss Robinette but AC will be also. For a player that isn't very good , he's playing for Murray State, a D1 school. They must think he's pretty good.
AC was alright he made alot of errors from trying to hard and murry isnt a D-1
He did but there was a lot of things that he helped with. Ashland doesn't have anybody as good at shortstop to replace him with. Murray is a D1 school in baseball. Check it out. Who will replace him? Do you know?
kris bias will eb replacing him there he dosnt have the stick but he has the glove and his arm is ALT more accurate
"Carver08" Wrote:AC was alright he made alot of errors from trying to hard and murry isnt a D-1

Clark is a very good player. Players like him get credited with more errors than the typical shortstop because they are able to get to the tough balls whereas lesser players cannot. There is a big difference between the typical shortstop who cannot ever get close to the hard grounder in the hole (who lets it get by for a single) as opposed to the better player who gets to the ball but may boot it or be forced to make a quick throw (resulting in an error)
How can you say AC wasn't very good. He was the leader of the team last year, and a 4year starter at shortstop. He had the mobility, and speed to get to balls that no one else would have even tried for. AC was a playmaker and will be GREATLY missed. Bias has some big shoes to fill at that shortstop position, with the fielding, hustle, and bat that AC had.
Ashland will find out when the season starts ,how much they miss AC. He did press a little last year but was still their best player by far. Bias will never be the shortstop that he was, this year or next. Not a knock against Bias but Clark was so much better.