Poll: Pick The Winner
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Estill County
100.00%
Wolfe County
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill Co. @ Wolfe Co. 3/22
BASEBALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thoughts/predictions???

Defending 14th Region Champions Open The Season @ The Wolfe County Wolves!

Game Time - 5:30 pm
I'll take Estill Co., I assume Clowers will be their opening day starter? Or will they save him for Montgomery on the 24th?
643DP Wrote:I'll take Estill Co., I assume Clowers will be their opening day starter? Or will they save him for Montgomery on the 24th?

idk, Estill Goes To Paintsville on the 23rd and then Montgomery County on the 24th
Three days straight to open up, that'll test their pitching early.
643DP Wrote:Three days straight to open up, that'll test their pitching early.

yes it will, the 2 tough test will be Paintsville and Montgomery County
I agree. Will Wolf open up with Creech on the mound? If so, do they have enough D behind him to stop Estill? I haven't seen Wolf play so a little in the dark on them.
643DP Wrote:I agree. Will Wolf open up with Creech on the mound? If so, do they have enough D behind him to stop Estill? I haven't seen Wolf play so a little in the dark on them.

im assuming he will start, after Estill, Wolf has Riverside and West Carter
643DP Wrote:I'll take Estill Co., I assume Clowers will be their opening day starter? Or will they save him for Montgomery on the 24th?
I wouldn't think that they would start Clowers at Wolfe since they have two tough games back to back. I would think they would try to beat Wolfe with their number three and go after the other two games with their number1 and number 2 starters. That is what I would do anyway.
Strikeout King Wrote:im assuming he will start, after Estill, Wolf has Riverside and West Carter
I doubt if Coach Creech would start Creech against Estill. With him being a new coach, he may save Creech for West Carter and try to get as many wins as possible if he feels his team is not ready for a team of Estill's caliber this early in the year. Tough opener for the Wolves and their new head coach, but I look for Wolfe to improve as the year goes along and Coach Creech has more time with them. I guarantee you they are practicing long and hard every day because that's the way it was when my son played for him. They will get better. It is just a question of how soon.
PCBaseball Wrote:I doubt if Coach Creech would start Creech against Estill. With him being a new coach, he may save Creech for West Carter and try to get as many wins as possible if he feels his team is not ready for a team of Estill's caliber this early in the year. Tough opener for the Wolves and their new head coach, but I look for Wolfe to improve as the year goes along and Coach Creech has more time with them. I guarantee you they are practicing long and hard every day because that's the way it was when my son played for him. They will get better. It is just a question of how soon.

Why? If Wolfe's supporting cast have improved so much since last year and Creech is as good as some posters say he is you would think he'd pitch opening day against Estill County, maybe close a couple of games on Friday or Sat. depending on his pitch count, and then bounce back against Perry Central the following Monday. Follow suit the next week and pitch against dist. opponent Breathitt County on April 5th.

After Wolfe Co. opens with Estill Co. they then play Riverside (1-15) last season, W. Carter (6-19), Menifee Co. (3-20) - doubleheader, and Elliott Co. (5-18). That ain't exactly murderers row. However, even if the hitters from Wolfe go 0 fer against Estill's #2 or 3 pitcher they still should be hitting .500 or better by the end of the week.
rawlingsfan Wrote:Why? If Wolfe's supporting cast have improved so much since last year and Creech is as good as some posters say he is you would think he'd pitch opening day against Estill County, maybe close a couple of games on Friday or Sat. depending on his pitch count, and then bounce back against Perry Central the following Monday. Follow suit the next week and pitch against dist. opponent Breathitt County on April 5th.

After Wolfe Co. opens with Estill Co. they then play Riverside (1-15) last season, W. Carter (6-19), Menifee Co. (3-20) - doubleheader, and Elliott Co. (5-18). That ain't exactly murderers row. However, even if the hitters from Wolfe go 0 fer against Estill's #2 or 3 pitcher they still should be hitting .500 or better by the end of the week.
I don't know how much their supporting cast has improved this early in the year and I don't think the strongest part of Creech's game is his pitching at all. He would probably be in the lower 10 to 15 pitchers in the 14th imo. He is the best Wolfe has though and after him their pitching gets pretty weak from what I saw last season. That is why I said I don't think they will use him in a game they probably aren't ready for, but who knows who they will use this early in the season. No matter who they use, I believe Estill will win this game fairly easily.
Estill is my choice