Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County 51 Raceland 49 (OT)
Final from the 63rd at Russell.
It was 51-49.
It was a one point game.... Greenup 52, Raceland 51
Sorry hit the wrong button it was 51-49 that was what the radio gave and is what is on the KHSAA web site.
Congratulations to Greenup. :Thumbs:
Whew!!! Did those young men play hard or what! Great third quarter by the Muskies but there going to have to rebound much better to be champions. They displayed a great deal of heart and character out on the floor last night.
Great atmosphere. Terrible air conditioning. Must have been 100 degrees in that gym. That's what high school basketball is all about. If Russell is able to get by Lewis tonight, there won't be an empty seat and it will be SRO for the district final. Student section chanting "we want Russell" after the game.
I agree on the atmosphere. The furnace has to be the worst place ever though to watch a game from the upper deck. My neck hurts from looking thru the posts Smile
Game lastnight was a 63rd district classic. Had a little bit of everything. Horrible call on the halfcourt shot at the end of the first half. Clearly did not get the shot off before the buzzer. Didn't matter though.....GC went on an 18-0 run to start the 3rd. Can't get a team down and then let them back in it. GC couldn't match Racelands intensity to start the first half and Raceland couldn't match GC'S intensity to start the second half.
Congrats to both teams in what must have been a barn burner. To get beat by 2 points in overtime says you played a terrific game but just came up short.
What was up with Fraley's comments on the radio after the game he really let the officials have it. One of the worst I have heard a coach talk about officials in public.
16BBall Fan Wrote:What was up with Fraley's comments on the radio after the game he really let the officials have it. One of the worst I have heard a coach talk about officials in public.

This is his last season at Greenup His resignation was accepted by the BOE at this weeks Board meeting.