Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley Football Field
I have heard a rumor that Shelby Valley will be having artificial turf installed into the Johnson Brother's Athletic Complex. Anyone have any truth to this..or anyone else also heard this rumor? I think if it happens Shelby Valley could possibly have the best complex in Eastern Kentucky.
lol that would be good for them cause in 04 they watered the field for our game
Paul Dotson quoted earlier this year in the newspaper that eventually every High School in Pike Co will have turf
Belfry had to raise the money for their turf field through private donations and contributions, I wonder how the other schools will be expected to cover the cost of fields if they get them?
Through private donations, contributions and fund raisers.
I have heard that the Johnson Brother's have raised the moeny for the artificial surface and that a private company in the area will be digging up and leveling the surface for free..any truth to this?
JUDGE140 Wrote:Paul Dotson quoted earlier this year in the newspaper that eventually every High School in Pike Co will have turf

I hope this is the case. It is a great thing to have. The field at Belfry is very impressive! Pike County has many people that can pay for the needed addition.
BelfryJustice Wrote:I hope this is the case. It is a great thing to have. The field at Belfry is very impressive! Pike County has many people that can pay for the needed addition.

Yeah and with all the politics that circle the Shelby Valley area, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to pay for the turf anyways. By the way, anyone know when their new coach is supposed to be announced?
kyfootballfan Wrote:I have heard that the Johnson Brother's have raised the moeny for the artificial surface and that a private company in the area will be digging up and leveling the surface for free..any truth to this?

Well if this is true hope they get different people to do it because it was awful to play on last year and the ppl that you all are talking about is the same ones that did it last year and did a awful job. It was like playing in a mubpit!

:yesno:
If Valley is to get turf this would be a great addition to their complex and I would say rank them as a top stadium in Eastern Kentucky..
If the turf is like the one at Belfry it would be awsome!...good luck cats
Well i heard that teco donated so much money to the team to get the turf and it is going to be renamed TECO FIELD.
That is a possibility Champion, between Teco, Johnson Brothers and i think they are the McPeeks they should have enought money to turf it, only way they can get it is by private donations like Belfry did, because we all knbow the B of E is not going to foot the bill. Hopefully ER and PCC will be able to raise some money for theirs soon.
Can't wait 'til the Phelps Hornets get turf!!!!
its kool
Tampa2 Wrote:Can't wait 'til the Phelps Hornets get turf!!!!

AMEN!!

And Pike Co. Central!!!
When is Pike Central getting turf?
I would say right after Phelps does!:boo:
they need it... those sand dunes killed my eyes lol
Valley and the Ridge need it the worst of anyone i think. Our field gets extremely muddy and valleys is hell when its dry. its like got sand on it and man it burns your knees. im still all for well maintained grass though.