Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dorton 53 Millard 19
Final from Dorton on 8th Grade Night. I would like to thank the Mustangs and Coach Coleman for coming over so we could celebrate our 8th graders' careers.

For Dorton:

Cody Belter 16 points, 14 rebounds, 8 blocks, 2 assists, 2 steals
Estil Bentley 13 points, 3 steals, 2 assists
Jesse Lucas 11 points, 5 rebounds, 5 steals, 3 assists, 7 deflections
Victor Fouts 9 points, 7 assists, 5 steals
Zach Cantrell 4 points, 4 steals, 3 assists, 2 rebounds
Michael Caudill 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal
Davey Hawkins 2 rebounds
Owen Caudill Did not play due to a leg injury

For Millard:

Jake Chaney 5 points
Josh Epling 4 points
Brady Prater 2 points
Paul K 2 points
Skyler? 2 points
John? 2 points
Cody Sayers 1 point
Nate? 1 point

B Team

Dorton 43
Millard 29

For Dorton:

Zack Huffman 19 points
Zack Tackett 14 points
Jordan Wright 4 points
Jordan Osborne 4 points
Cameron Jarrell 2 points

For Millard:

Cody Sayers 9 points
Nate Coleman 6 points
Dylan Epling 3 points
Austin Moore 3 points
Jake Childers 2 points
Brad Huffman 2 points
Matt Parks 2 points
#22 2 points

***I would like to say that this group of 8th graders has been an amazing group to coach. They have come so far over the past 2-3 years and this year has been a blast. No matter what happens from here on out, I will always remember this group of boys as a special one. If I could keep this group for the rest of my coaching career I would be in coaching Heaven. Thanks also to the parents, grandparents, teachers, Mr. Burke, and everyone else who has dedicated his/her time to these kids and believed in them.
Congrats Wildcats...:Thumbs:
Viking_Mommy Wrote:Congrats Wildcats...:Thumbs:

Thank you.
I think these players would also rather play for this coach than to have another person coach them! I pray Owen Caudill's injury is not serious and he is already healed!
Coach, you have a great team and you have done a fantastic job over there! Its an honor for us to be mentioned with you and Virgie as a contender. You have certainly made us better this year. I have a funny feeling we will be getting that game 7....... Not exactly the way I wanted it, but I think we will have it.
School Admin. Wrote:Coach, you have a great team and you have done a fantastic job over there! Its an honor for us to be mentioned with you and Virgie as a contender. You have certainly made us better this year. I have a funny feeling we will be getting that game 7....... Not exactly the way I wanted it, but I think we will have it.

Thank you. We are definitely better also because of playing you so many times. I hope we do get to play that game 7, but we have a lot of work to do before then. Hopefully both teams can stay focused so we can get there.
Very solid win for Dorton, Congrats
Congrats Dorton