Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 61 Clark County 44
Final

WOW
Stenzel is the only Card that showed up tonight. He went down in the 4th quarter and left the game on crutches. Will know the extent of his injury tomorrow morning after we get the xrays done.
Wow...!
Wow... Big win for lex cath, its Feb... About time for them to start heating up to make a run at the 11th
Gold Charger Wrote:Stenzel is the only Card that showed up tonight. He went down in the 4th quarter and left the game on crutches. Will know the extent of his injury tomorrow morning after we get the xrays done.

Hope all is well, you never want to see that happen to anyone
mahb7878 Wrote:Hope all is well, you never want to see that happen to anyone

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your concern. I agree I hate to see any player get hurt, don't matter what team they play for.
How do you figure out high school kids? GRC played extremely well against Ashland, and then comes out and lays an egg against Lex Cath. I know that the opponent has a lot to do with it, but it's hard to believe that Stenzel was the only one that played well, after what they did to us.

Like Mahb, I hope Stenzel is okay.
If Stenzel goes down... that will make the 10th REALLY interesting!

Hope everything is OK. He's a good kid.
The margin of victory was a surprise, but the win was not that much of a surprise. Congrats Lex Cath!
I don't see Clark County as any better than, at best, a second five team in the state but they certainly are near the top in strength of schedule. Among others, they have played #1 Trinity, Eastern, Seneca, Male (2), Memphis Central, Shelby County, Scott County, and LexCath and still have Lafayette, Mason County, and Ballard left.

One fact is certain. The Cardinals will be ready for post season. Of course, a lot of northern and central area schools play somewhat similar schedules. The competition in much of the 6th Region through the 11th Region is just at a much higher level overall than that played in the eastern and western ends of the state.
Very surprised by the outcome, not that LexCath won, but just by how many.

Hope that Stenzel is okay as well.

Congrats Knights!
Congrats Knights!!!!

Hope Stenzel is ok
Squid Wrote:How do you figure out high school kids? GRC played extremely well against Ashland, and then comes out and lays an egg against Lex Cath. I know that the opponent has a lot to do with it, but it's hard to believe that Stenzel was the only one that played well, after what they did to us.

Like Mahb, I hope Stenzel is okay.

Well believe it, worse game I have seen us play. Have you ever seen a game where one team just lays a egg? Well that is what GRC did last night. Robbie is the only one that showed up to play for this game. I am very dissappointed by the lack of effort by some of our players in this game. It got ugly real quick. We did cut it to 5 points, but poor passes, and lack of playing help defense, allowed Catholic capatlized on our mistakes.

Thanks for all the concerns about Robbie. I will post a update on his condition when I hear today.
Very suprised by the margin of victory.
Ouch! OMG! Wow!

This is the same squad that played Scott County? GRC should be able to play without Stenzel and still beat Lex Cath. That's no knock on Lex Cath, but if GRC is expected to be one of the States elite, they can get Beat Down like this!
Stardust Wrote:Ouch! OMG! Wow!

This is the same squad that played Scott County? GRC should be able to play without Stenzel and still beat Lex Cath. That's no knock on Lex Cath, but if GRC is expected to be one of the States elite, they can get Beat Down like this!

Yelp same team. Remember in 2007 Scott Co beat us really bad during the regular season and people were saying GRC couldn't go far in post season because of one game playing bad. GRC won the region and made it to the simi finals before loosing to Ballard. As our coach said, no trophies was given out for the Scott Co or Lexington Catholic games, it is a learning experience. Post season is what matters. I am sure the Cards will have some hard practices this week and right the ship by tourney time.
Lost in quarterfinals.