Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officiating in the 15th
Just wanted to find out how everyone feels about the referees they've seen in the 15th.

Personally, there are two words I can think of to describe them:
1. HORRIBLE
2. INCONSISTENT
Agreed
Two good basic words
"dominator05" Wrote:Just wanted to find out how everyone feels about the referees they've seen in the 15th.

1. HORRIBLE
2. INCONSISTENT
YES
Or consistently horrible??? Just a thought.
that too, 4leaf...lol

I think this could be one reason the 15th is wide open right now. No one can count on a charge call or 3 secs. or 5 sec. closely guarded call on any given nite. The refs just aren't very good at all in our region right now, and its hard telling who will get the call.

In the JV game, Belfry @ East Ridge, the other nite, a ref T'd up JV coach Michael Hagy for "asking where the fould was at?" on a clean block. He didn't even shout, and there was no need for a T. Things were not even remotely out of hand, but that ref served it up to him with a smile.....lol
"dominator05" Wrote:Just wanted to find out how everyone feels about the referees they've seen in the 15th.

1. HORRIBLE
2. INCONSISTENT

PDT_003
This is no change....even when I was in school, the oficiating in this Region has been horrible.
Last years Regional Tourney was SSOOO bad
"Basketballer" Wrote:Last years Regional Tourney was SSOOO bad

I saw the melee that broke out on Television down here, It made the evening news here in Winchester....Rarely it has to be Big news out of E.Ky to be shown on LEX 18 News.....

WKYT shows some stuff from E.Ky. they are the sister station to WYMT in Hazard.
I will say this they are steps ahead of the 13th.
I dont know about that Doc. Our officials are pretty bad.
If they were just more CONSISTENT...
I do not mind them being horrible because both thems have them. I think the biggest problem is the inconsistent, what is a foul on one end has to be on the other end I have watched a couple of sf games this year and the Stanley kid picks up fouls because he is bigger then others but on his end they let people kill him and say hes big he can handle it.
Another thing I have notice and this has happen in a couple different games, I know a AC game a SF game and I think a Paintsville game. A ref would call a foul and instead of going to report it to the table like they are told to do, they would stand right next to the kid a listen for something and then call a technical on the kid. When if doing what they are suppose to no one would of got a T. Just to much deciding the game from the REFs
I've saw the refs do that before littlej and it kills me. But I guess if the kid had said something before that made him mad he's just looking for a way to shut him up, but I agree its a very unprofessional way of doing so.
Horrible and inconsistent sums it up. Things seem to be called different on opposite ends of the floor and depending on the size of the player. I have also seen refs after calling a foul follow the kids across the floor even if the kid is trying to walk away. These are kids and they get emotional as longe as the are not making a seen let it go be the professional. But coaches like J. Martin at ACHS or BM Runyon at Paintsivlle and Magoffins coach can live on the floor making a seen and at times even are trying to draw the T and it doesn't get called. I think this is some of the problem when are region goes to state. They let them play the game and be pretty physical especially inside and our region seems to be intimidated.
I think that they should let the boys play. The refs are so inconsistant it's not even funny. I know when you get to college, there are wars in the inside game. The kids need to be prepared for this. That's why most freshmen that go into the college game don't perform like they did in high school. It's another intensity level and another realm of physical play. If they would let the kids play and call the game consistantly, this reagon would be much better off. 8)
you all just wait till this year. there are about 6 veteran refs that have decided to call it quits this year. you will still see the Hall brothers, Walker, wallen and webb (sounds like a law firm) however there will be a lot of rookies out there this year.

Why are some many getting out?
HomeGrown Wrote:you all just wait till this year. there are about 6 veteran refs that have decided to call it quits this year. you will still see the Hall brothers, Walker, wallen and webb (sounds like a law firm) however there will be a lot of rookies out there this year.

Why are some many getting out?

Name the six veterans that are quitting?
Dale Conn was the best there was and he's been gone since 03'. The 15th Region refs are TERRIBLE. The 14th Region refs aren't much better.
BelfryPride Wrote:I saw the melee that broke out on Television down here, It made the evening news here in Winchester....Rarely it has to be Big news out of E.Ky to be shown on LEX 18 News.....

WKYT shows some stuff from E.Ky. they are the sister station to WYMT in Hazard.

What melee?
vundy33 Wrote:What melee?

I think they were refering to the 2004 15th Region Tournament at Prestonsburg. Allen Central lost to East Ridge and the AC side thought ER committed a foul on Rossi Samons as he was going up for the last shot of the game. Then a fan ran out onto the court and hit the referee.
I don't believe alumni from one of the schools shouldn't be calling the game if their high school is involved. Even if they are fair it causes alot, alot of desention with the crowds from the opposing school. In the 15th it tends to happen quite a bit. Don't get me wrong I am not saying they show favoritism. I just think you eliminate any controversy by not letting it happen to begin with.
Conflict of interest should never be a factor in a game.
Agree with you on the horrible and inconsistent part for sure. The officiating in the 15th is some of the worst I have ever saw. It's pretty pitiful when you get these refs that seem biased to a certain team. I hate that more than anything.