Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best Post Player in the 15th Region????
I think that Jessie C. is in the top 2 if not the best...........
Jesse is very good. Stephen Stanley and Burnett Little from South Floyd are both excellent players as well. The player to look for in the next few years is Trai Witt from Betsy Layne. He impressed me last night against Pburg.
Chaffin considering his size.
I would base my pick on three different categories: INTENSITY, ABILITY, SIZE.

Intensity wise, I would say David Jones from Belfry when he actually wants to play. He always plays hard. But, when he doesn't want to play, its a waste of a uniform.

Ability, on the other hand, I would have to say Patrick Tackett from Shelby Valley. Not really big, can handle the ball to an extent, and can also step out and shoot the 3, too.

But, when I look at combination of the two catgories, the hardest playing post man with the most ability that I have seen is the big tall lanky guy from Allen Central (can't think of his name, #33 I think maybe?).

Against SV, he pretty much carried the Rebels offense and defense, coming up with big blocks, stepping out and knocking down the 3, and using post moves and scoring with ease. Anyone know his name?
Steven Stanley
Burnett Little
Brandon Kidd
Ryan Little
Gibson from Pike Central is really good!

But there arn't too many "true" post players in the 15th so this is kinda hard..
I agree Beef, not really any true post players at all.
Matt Maynard #10 for Belfry is a real good player who gets over looked alot. He is fast and can shoot he is just a complete player.
he is really good, BW. But not a post player...lol

I'll start a thread for guards in the 15th and you can go to town.
Stanley and Little-SF
Chaffin -P'burg
Patrick Tackett is a great post player for his size
South Floyd has 3 good post players in Burnett Little,Ryan Little and Stephen Stanley
Stanley-S.F.
Little-S.F.
Chaffin- P-burg
Shurtleff-Pikeville
Tackett-SV
Gibson- PC
Witt-BL
All are good solid post players that I wouldn't mind having on my team. As far as the best I'd prolly give it to Tackett. He's just an all around athlete.
I wasnt payin any attention I just read best player I over looked post lol. We dont use post players at Belfry haha.
Kieser
Bently
"Daddy" Wrote:Kieser
Bently
You may wanna read the thread again daddy.
I will have to say Little from South Floyd he is getting 14ppg and 12 rpg and shooting 56% this is after last year and people are paying more attention to him and he is still having a season like this.
Robert Shurtleff from Pikeville always works hard down in the post. He is quite a presence, and when he gets on a roll he is tough to stop.
B. Little from SF having a great year with more attention being givin to him from opposing teams.

Chaffins and Stephens are a pretty good duo under the basket also.

A player really coming on and once he gets a little more time on the floor will be impressive next year is Ryan Little from SF.
I think that burnett little is the best post player by far in the 15th region...I like tackett from sv but he's not a post player! i think he is more like a swingman who posts occasionally..JMO
bump....
Burnett Little
Burnett Little, Jesse Chaffin, Pat Tackett, Brandon Kidd, Robert Shurtleff, Stephen Stanley
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:
"Daddy" Wrote:Kieser
Bently
You may wanna read the thread again daddy.
I know daddy...and he's not too smart :lol:
Stanley SF has put together two more good games
20pts 14 reb against paintsville and 22pts 11rebs against East Ridge
stephen stanley is the best in my eyes. next to burnett little then jesse chaffins. ryan little comeing off the bench for sf is putting in sum quality minutes as well. ryan little player to watch next yr
stephen stanley is by far the best post player in the 15th he as good foot work for his size and as good moves and can knock down that freethrow livw jumper
I have disagree with the stanley kid... He cant go right and the only way he scores if he puts his left shoulder in u and shoots..... And another thing he is 6'7 and shooting jump shots, I mean who does he think he is?
good point hammerhead. that statement may just make me change my opinion on the topic. i say 1.burnett little 2. stephen stanley 3. jesse chaffins
"Hammerhead#1" Wrote:I have disagree with the stanley kid... He cant go right and the only way he scores if he puts his left shoulder in u and shoots..... And another thing he is 6'7 and shooting jump shots, I mean who does he think he is?
I think that they kid can play, up I dont think that he played as a freshman....He;s good he would have been bettter had he worked harder