Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion about the Girls Basketball Top 20
Before I post the girls basketball Top 20, I would like some input from all of you. Did you watch anyone play this week? What are you thoughts on some of the games? What mistakes did I make last week? What did I do right? Who was too low? Who was too high? Who is unproven? Who looks like a champion? Who's hot? Who's not? etc....
Just for reminders, here is the updated Top 20 (with some of the wins/losses)
First let me say I think you are doing a good job. I know it takes a lot of time to make a somewhat accurate poll, keep up the good job. When I try to rank teams I like to look at strength of schedule and not just wins and losses as an example I think a 12 -3 Dunbar team is better then a 16 -1 letcher co team. I think Letcher co, Clay Co, and Scott Co are rated to high. Franklin co had an impressive win over a very good Bryan Station team and seem to be peaking at the right time so I would have them and Dunbar higher.
I think that Dunbar and Bryan Station deserve to be in the top 20 over Letcher Co. Central. In my opinion Elizabethtown is ranked too low and Clay County and Sacred Heart are ranked too high.

I also think in the new poll the top five should change just a bit:

1. Marion County
2. DuPont Manual
3. Mercy
4. Christian Academy
5. Rockcastle County
Well Letcher Central remaining opponents will hurt them, but all they are worried about is winning the 14th region, and when they take on Breathith, that will tell them how far alone they are. Ranking to me don't me nothing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I have to admit that whenever I constructed this Top 20, I gave a little bit of edge to teams in the viewing area. (Mostly EKY). For example, Clay County, Letcher County Central, etc... are given a little more credence because they are local. A lot of GREAT teams are up north and could have easily been in this poll over other teams.