Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard @ Cordia 1/19
Thoughts and Predictions.

Hazard has improved over the last few weeks they looked a lot better in the All "A" than they did earlier in the season but its at Cordia the "Jungle" and the Lions have won 7 of their last 9 games.
Both teams have improved a lot from the start of the season. However Hazard is better at pretty much every position and has a deeper bench. Cordia will put up a fight and they will play well in the jungle, but I'll take Hazard by 12.
Hazard 65-57
Im going say an upset by the lions in this one by 3 in literally a dog fight.
Hazard by 17
lol, Hazard by 15
Hazard by 17
Cordia has been playing really well here of late and I really think that there's a chance they could pull off an upset over Hazard if the Bulldogs don't come prepared and look over Cordia. But, if they "Hazard" basketball then they should have no problem beating them. I think that Cordia will play a very good game but i still think that Hazard will avoid the upset.

Bulldogs by 5
I'm going with the Lions by 4!
I think Cordia will play well against them at home, but Hazard just has to many weapons for the Lions. Hazard will pull this one out with depth in the end. Hazard by 7 in a very heated game in the jungle, hope they have some good security that night to help the dogs get out of Lotts Creek.
I would love to see Honeycutt and the Lions pull it off!
Is Cordia the host for the entire tournament or does All A work that way? Do they just play at the site of the top team on the bracket or what?
MVP2 Wrote:I would love to see Honeycutt and the Lions pull it off!

Definitely. They have a shot!
PATS2011 Wrote:Is Cordia the host for the entire tournament or does All A work that way? Do they just play at the site of the top team on the bracket or what?

In the All-A the first round games are played at different locations. Then I think the winners of the first round gets a home game. Then semis and finals are played at Breathitt Co. this year. If Hazard beats Cordia at Cordia on Tuesday night then Hazard will play JBS at Memorial Gym on Thursday night.

1st Round
(Tuesday Jan. 19)

Top Bracket
Owsley Co. @jenkins 7:00

Bottom Bracket
Hazard @cordia 7:00
Leslie Co. @Riverside 7:00

2nd Round
(Thursday Jan. 21)

Top Bracket
Jackson City @Buckhorn 7:00
Wolfe Co. @Jenkins/Owsley Winner 7:00

Bottom Bracket
JBS @Cordia/Hazard Winner 7:00
Lee Co. @Riverside/Leslie Winner 7:00

Semi-Finals @breathitt Co.
(Saturday Jan. 23)

Top Bracket Game @10am
Bottom Bracket Game @11:30am

Championship @breathitt Co.
Saturday @9pm (will follow girls' championship game)
Hazard
Hazard will win this one and I believe either Hazard or Buckhorn will win the tournament this year. Out of all the other teams that are in it, I believe that Cordia is the only team that has a win over a team with a winning record this year, and that win came against us and you can't put much stock in that win because I don't think that we have beaten a team with a winning record all year either. Hazard and Buckhorn are by far the two best teams in the 14th all A this year.
Being at home will help Cordia, but not enough. I think Hazard will come out with a win by 20.
lions at home by 3
cordia is tough at home but hazard does have just a lil bit more talent..hazard by 8
hazard should take away this 1
Hazard will win by 10+ and should be the favorite to win the All A.
Go Dawgs.
Does anybody have a final and scoring on this one?
I listened early and Hazard led 41-9 at halftime.Whitaker had 10 and 4 other players-Meehan,B.J.Combs,Spencer and Olinger had 6 each.
Also today Allan Fugate signed a letter of intent to play football at Eastern Kentucky University.
Thought the game would have been more competeive that is was being played in the "Jungle" but seemed as if Cordia just came out flat and the 2nd quarter did them in only scoring a total of 3 pts and giving 24 in the quarter. Final score was something like 71-39, Keep your heads up Lions, still got a shot at the 2nd seed in district.

Congrats Dawgs.
That was the final.Hazard 71 Cordia 39.
The last 2 quarters were tied 17-17 and 13-13 but Hazard led 17-6 at end of 1st quarter and outscored them 24-3 in 2nd to lead 41-9 at halftime
.For Hazard-Whitaker 16,Meehan 12,Olinger 8,B.J.Combs 8,Spencer 6,Frazier 6,Fugate 5,Back 3,Boffo 2
.For Cordia-Everage 8,Slone 6,Spencer 6,Montgomery 4,K.Combs 3,M.Combs 3,Thacker 3,Watts 2
I'm suprised by the outcome with this being played in the Jungle.