Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 51 - Betsy Layne 49
Final from the All "A" Classic.

Michael Burchett knocked down the game winner as the time expired.

First win of the year for the Blackcats!
Nice win Blackcats!! Way to get it
Very exciting game to listen to. Jack Pack made a very risky call by putting a hack man in to foul in a tie game. Congrats to the Blackcats on their first win of the season.
Congrats Prestonsburg, to get the first win against one of the better teams in the area, very good, close game.
Congrats pburg. Listened to the game, Coach Howell, you going to have to work with your partner on the radio. (haha)
As being a bobcat fan when will burchett graduate! He is an exceptional player. good job blackcats, you got to keep those turnovers down against valley.

Betsy Layne better get the fire lit under your but or it will be an early exit.
All I can say is WOW!!! Best game of the first round, very exciting.
Got to love the way this one ended, took a chance on fouling, missed free throw and a buzzer beater last second shot was awesome. Congrats to the Blackcats.
congrats p-burg
:Clap:
Good job P-Burg.
It was a good old school type basketball game. Jack Pack & Junior Newsome kept this a slow it down game - neither team really pushed the ball. It was mostly slow it down and set up the offense for a good shot. Both teams played really good defense as well.

Congrats Blackcats!
Congrats on your first win BlackCats!
Prestonsburg is just now rounding in to shape. Betsy Layne was down seven (30-23) and ended the quarter on a 19-2 run to go up 42-32 at the end of the 3rd Quarter. Prestonsburg could folded, considering they were 0-12 on the season, but they fought back and won. Showed great character. I think everybody on the same page now. I think this will propel the blackcats in to the final part of the season. I look for them to have a chance of winning the District. Great job Cats!!!
ABSOLUTE TERRIBLE LOSS FOR THE BOBCATS, JUST PROVES THE OLD SAYING " HARD WORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT FAILS TO WORK HARD!" GREAT RESPECT FOR COACH NEWSOME AND WHAT HE HAS ACCOMPLISHED, HOWEVER, BASKETBALL IS A YEAR ROUND SPORT WITH SUMMER PLAY, AAU etc. I BELIEVE HE HAS OUTGROWN TODAYS ATHLETES AND ISNT REALLY IN TUNE OR AWARE OF WHAT IT TAKES TO BE COACHING A WINNING PROGRAM AS OPPOSED TO JUST HAVING A WINNING SEASON. :yawn: