Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson County 44 Betsy Layne 37
Final from the dome.
7th grade game Betsy Layne 37 Johnson County 35.
:flame::flame:
MR. Slate Wrote:Final from the dome.
7th grade game Betsy Layne 37 Johnson County 35.
Was this a scheduled game all season? Just wondering why coach Howard waited until 1:00 today to inform Lexington Catholic that Betsty Lane wasn"t going to play us tonight even though it has been scheduled since November. Maybe he figures playing Lex Cath the day after playing Johnson Co. might be a recipe for a loss.

I can understand if something tragic had came up, but the reason he gave our coach was that he just figured a reschedule would be more favorable for B.L. Poor etiquette if there ever was any. If he had told our coach early this a.m. or last night we could of rescheduled another team. Especially when you factor in we still have to pay 2 officals for 2 games each even though they don't have to officiate.

He also mentioned he was planning on bringing his AAU team instead.????????
After we honored our agreement Thanksgiving weekend when we traveled to the dome to play in Betsy Lane's tourney, this feels like a slap in the face.:please:
Our game had been scheduled since early November. Also saying it is an AAU game is a way Floyd County teams can get around there 20 game limit. It would probably been the same as the school team.
knighted Wrote::flame::flame:
Was this a scheduled game all season? Just wondering why coach Howard waited until 1:00 today to inform Lexington Catholic that Betsty Lane wasn"t going to play us tonight even though it has been scheduled since November. Maybe he figures playing Lex Cath the day after playing Johnson Co. might be a recipe for a loss.

I can understand if something tragic had came up, but the reason he gave our coach was that he just figured a reschedule would be more favorable for B.L. Poor etiquette if there ever was any. If he had told our coach early this a.m. or last night we could of rescheduled another team. Especially when you factor in we still have to pay 2 officals for 2 games each even though they don't have to officiate.

He also mentioned he was planning on bringing his AAU team instead.????????
After we honored our agreement Thanksgiving weekend when we traveled to the dome to play in Betsy Lane's tourney, this feels like a slap in the face.:please:

[COLOR="Blue"]First let me say congrats to Johnson Central on last nights game.

Second you need to talk to your coach again and get story straight, the reason had nothing to do with being more favorable to us at all. The reason that we have to reschedule is we were informed by the people that hold my job status in their hands that we were not to make the trip.

And yes, I was bringing my AAU team which consist of the BL kids. In bringing AAU team we would not need a bus or be able to use school equipment, but still get games in.

We really want to thank you guys for coming down to play in our tourny. This game will be made up after our season is complete (Feb. 13).

Thank You, Coach Howard[/COLOR]
Thanks coach, both teams looked rusty as expected. This was a good way to get back before playing conference games. Good luck the rest of the way, good group of kids you have there. 15-10 at half wasn't pretty.
scbmike1 Wrote:[COLOR="Blue"]First let me say congrats to Johnson Central on last nights game.

Second you need to talk to your coach again and get story straight, the reason had nothing to do with being more favorable to us at all. The reason that we have to reschedule is we were informed by the people that hold my job status in their hands that we were not to make the trip.

And yes, I was bringing my AAU team which consist of the BL kids. In bringing AAU team we would not need a bus or be able to use school equipment, but still get games in.

We really want to thank you guys for coming down to play in our tourny. This game will be made up after our season is complete (Feb. 13).

Thank You, Coach Howard[/COLOR]

Coach, if the reason you cancelled the game was the status of your job then I'm sorry if I offended you. I can understand what can happen when your hands are tied. The only other complaint I have is how you waited until it was too late for us to schedule another team. Now if you say that you informed us as soon as you found out then I think your A.D. or whomever made that decision should of informed you before 2 hours before you were to leave town.

I have nothing but respect for Betsy Lane basketball and hope we continue to play each other for years to come.:igiveup: