Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rich Brooks Retires as Kentucky's Head Football Coach
I will miss Coach Brooks alot...he did it the right way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't think UK can afford to take a step back. I think it is very important for Joker to step in and finish what Brooks started.
leecoukfan Wrote:I'm kinda sad to see Coach Brooks retire this year! I was hoping he would stick around atleast for next season because UK has one of the best recruiting classes coming in this year that we've had in a while and i think that with Coach Brooks we would have had the chance to go to a BCS Bowl next year! Hopefully Joker Phillips will change some of his play calling choices because i wasn't too impressed with him this year.

But, IMO Rich Brooks is the Best Coach to ever coach the Kentucky Football team just for the simple fact that he has led this school to 4 straight bowl games and hopefully we can continue this tradition that Coach Brooks has brought to Kentucky.

That's a little rediculas. Don't say dumb stuff like that. It makes you guys worse and increases expectations to a level UK can't achieve.
The guy on this website doesn't think Joker will get the job done, making some very good points on why he won't. http://nationofblue.com/jokers-bubble-burst/
Either way we went to four straight bowl games and won 3/4 10 years ago would any of us even dread of that? Rich Brooks has done so much and Joker is his protege love him or hate him Joker is OUR head coach now lets give him the support in his first few years even if they are bad that coach brooks didnt get till he was winning.
What are the plans for the coaching staff? Is Joker going to try and keep them all or will there be changes?
From what I have heard the rest of the staff don't know anything. They are all kinda worried because they haven't been told they still have a job.
I'd like to see our offensive guys stay. As for the defense and special teams - I'd like to see some changes there. Steve Brown is a very arrogant coach who would only bring 4 guys each time and play straight up man. That defensive scheme give up a lot of big plays this season and during 2-3 seasons Brown has spent as our DC. Steve Ortmeyer is probably already gone, as he and Brooks where really big buddies.

I trust Joker and I have good feeling about our future with him and hopefully he makes the right choices when choosing assistants.
sacbunt Wrote:The guy on this website doesn't think Joker will get the job done, making some very good points on why he won't. http://nationofblue.com/jokers-bubble-burst/

I really don't put much into the opinion of someone who leaves early in a close game against Louisville. He is so negative they could have hired Vince Lombardi and he would still have his doubts.
:coach: HE WELL BE MISSED, GO BIG BLUE
Thanks for all the games to cheer at. And All the games to yell at.
He will be missed greatly. He deserves his name in the UK hall of fame for what hes done with this program.
Sad Sad Sad

If Joker keeps any of the assistants I hope its Saunders. As I seen earlier I would like to see Randy become the OC.
was told by a reliable source today that the field next season will be renamed in Brook's honor, not sure what the time table is on unveiling but as of right now it is in the works
MVP2 Wrote:Sad Sad Sad

If Joker keeps any of the assistants I hope its Saunders. As I seen earlier I would like to see Randy become the OC.

Sanders will be the OC. And 15th', that would be great I just wonder how some of the folks in Lexington would feel about the field not being named after CM Newton anymore. Will be interesting.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Sanders will be the OC. And 15th', that would be great I just wonder how some of the folks in Lexington would feel about the field not being named after CM Newton anymore. Will be interesting.

From my understanding they may be renaming the stadium after Newton and then the field Rich Brooks which would compliment both very nicely.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:From my understanding they may be renaming the stadium after Newton and then the field Rich Brooks which would compliment both very nicely.
How about Brooks-Newton field at the Commonwealth? I like it anyways lol..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:How about Brooks-Newton field at the Commonwealth? I like it anyways lol..

Sounds good to me too haha. 15th are you saying that it wont be called Commonwealth Stadium but CM Newton Stadium? I will never go to another game if that happens.
Hes a great coach that will be missed.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Sounds good to me too haha. 15th are you saying that it wont be called Commonwealth Stadium but CM Newton Stadium? I will never go to another game if that happens.

As I said that is the way I took it from the way my source stated it I will double check on that in the next few days, it is hard for me to get up with him he has been with Brooks for the past couple of days so I have not been able to get ahold of him.