Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class A District 8 2010
So what is everyone's predictions for next year? Everyone in district lost at least 8 to graduation.

Order in which they will finish.(Their in alphabetical order)
Allen Central
Betsy Layne
Paintsville
Phelps
Pikeville
South Floyd
1. Pikeville

2. Allen Central

3. Phelps

4. Paintsville
---------------
5.South Floyd
6.Betsy Layne
Betsy Layne,Pikeville,Allen Central, Phelps,Paintsville and South Floyd
Pikeville,Paintsville,South Floyd,ALLEN central
thordog Wrote:Pikeville,Paintsville,South Floyd,ALLEN central

Agree.:Thumbs:
I understand and respect all of your opinions but I just dont see how BL is not in the top four.

They went 3-7 and 4 games were 6 points or closer. They return most of their offense/defense and some very talented grade school players will be there. They are the only team in the district to return their whole backfield and quarterback.

Just looking for feedback, but thought I would throw out this info.
betsylaynealum Wrote:I understand and respect all of your opinions but I just dont see how BL is not in the top four.

They went 3-7 and 4 games were 6 points or closer. They return most of their offense/defense and some very talented grade school players will be there. They are the only team in the district to return their whole backfield and quarterback.

Just looking for feedback, but thought I would throw out this info.

Here we go again....BL to win it all.....You said the same thing last year, we can probably find the quotes....I will say this though, if all of BL had your heart, they would be better off
come on brain, I never said they were going to win it. I pick the bobcats to beat everyone, cause i love the bobcats. Also you have to look that things didnt fall the right way for them this year but to come with in six of paintsville, to play A.C. tough without martin, and one big play beat them against phelps and south floyd. I would say things are looking up. I wish nothing but the best for the bobcats. This year should be a good year. From my understanding they have been lifting and got some good numbers up from the grade school. They have a lot of skill players back next year. I wold say 100% of the scoring offense is coming back.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Agree.:Thumbs:
you boys havent done your research in order to make the posts you have. pikeville, betsy layne, phelps/paintsville/so.floyd are all toss ups at best. p.s. depending on the hire of coaching vacancy at pikeville, 1 and 2 may be reversed!!!!!!!
1. Pikeville
2-6. Everyone else

This will quite possibly be the weakest district in the state regardless of class.
betsylaynealum Wrote:come on brain, I never said they were going to win it. I pick the bobcats to beat everyone, cause i love the bobcats. Also you have to look that things didnt fall the right way for them this year but to come with in six of paintsville, to play A.C. tough without martin, and one big play beat them against phelps and south floyd. I would say things are looking up. I wish nothing but the best for the bobcats. This year should be a good year. From my understanding they have been lifting and got some good numbers up from the grade school. They have a lot of skill players back next year. I wold say 100% of the scoring offense is coming back.
hey blalum, your problems run far deeper than who you have returning in 2010. how about settling on one type of offense, playing kids out of position, changing game plans on thursday, lack of quality drills/instructional time, not going full gear 4 days a week, not having a qualified coaching staff ( dads), and my favorite is having your defensive co-ordinator/brother - in - law spend a max. of 2 hrs. per week at practice. you have been to 1 playoff game in your schools history, deflate yourself/ head and get to work for the kids!!!!!!!
Pikeville will be Pikeville. What did they lose?

Paintsville, lost Doderer and others.

AC lost everything basically. Crowders, Jackson, Stumbo, etc.

Phelps, don't know anything on them.

Betsy Layne, return Martin, Adkins, Maldonado (If he doesn't transfer, due to him no longer playing basketball). How come Maldonado didn't get as many carries this past season as his sophomore year, after getting around 1,200yds? BL does return some firepower though, but how does the lines look? You gotta have the blockers.

South Floyd returns Dakota Newsome(QB), Weston Little(RB), Tyler Moore(RB), Brandon Marson (WR. If he plays) etc. Although, they'll miss their seniors, but good thing is, I think those seniors wasn't on the line, I don't think.
First of, not coach parsons, I'm his cousin. Also I know numerous teams use multiple sets on offense high school and college. Check out some playbooks. Also, why are you hating on Coach Parsons. Are you mad because you are not walking the sidelines? Parsons staff will stay the same until administration changes it. Thats up to the principal. I can list reds accomplishments again but just look at my previous posts. Not many people are beating the door down to walk the sidelines at Betsy Layne. I think the grade school coaches proved they are well qualified to walk the side lines.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:1. Pikeville
2-6. Everyone else

This will quite possibly be the weakest district in the state regardless of class.
That's an understatement. Unless Pikeville and Paintsville can get back to being competitive against good teams, it will always be.
Panther Thunder Wrote:That's an understatement. Unless Pikeville and Paintsville can get back to being competitive against good teams, it will always be.

:Thumbs:
Could you take an All-Star team of coaches and Players from Class A Dist.8 and be competive with any #1 team in any other Class A Dist. in the state? Just wondering,for real??????????
Pikeville-Betsy Layne-Paintsville-Phelps/South floyd-Allen central
Pikeville- Will win like always
BL- Some decent talent won't beat Pikeville will beat us
Paintsville- Lost alot but we still have some talent
Phelps- Wins if the game comes down to coaching
SF- there is some talent there.
Allen central- Had 2 decent years now they will be the whipping boys again.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Pikeville-Betsy Layne-Paintsville-Phelps/South floyd-Allen central
Pikeville- Will win like always
BL- Some decent talent won't beat Pikeville will beat us
Paintsville- Lost alot but we still have some talent
Phelps- Wins if the game comes down to coaching
SF- there is some talent there.
Allen central- Had 2 decent years now they will be the whipping boys again.
I dont know about that now, I hear Matt Slone is packing his bags and heading to East Ridge to work with Brad Allen. Slone who was the D Cord. at Phelps will be a big loss.