Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10th Region 2010
What are your thoughts on the 10th Region for 2010?
Besides from the obvious, Harrison Co. being the favorite, who do you see competing with Harrison for the 10th Region title?
Here’s how I see each District shaping up for 2010 season. Teams in bold move on to Region.

37th District
1. Campbell Co.
2. Scott High

3. Bishop Brossart
4. Silver Grove
5. Calvary Christian
I don’t get a chance to see the northern teams in the 10th, so this is more of a guess for me.

38th District
1. Harrison Co.
2. Nicholas Co.

3. Pendleton Co.
4. Deming
Harrison wins the District with ease and Region as well. Nicholas will be the runner-up of the 38th if they throw Campbell the first game of the District against Pendleton Co, if not, Pendleton has a shot at going to the Region.

39th District
1. Mason Co.
2. Bracken Co.

3. St. Patrick
4. Augusta
Mason Co wins this District with ease and should never miss being in the Regional Tournament. Sorry, but from top to bottom this is the weakest District in the 10th Region.

40th District
1. George Rogers Clark
2. Montgomery Co.

3. Bourbon Co.
4. Paris
I grew up in this District so I’m pretty familiar with all the teams. I’ll give the edge to GRC because of pitching. They return five senior pitchers from last years District championship team. GRC may also have the best hitter in the Region in McQuerry, who will only be a sophomore this year.
I give the runner-up spot to Montgomery because they return a good senior class and have some good under classman that will fill some voids from last years graduating seniors. Coach Combs keeps MC’s team together through the summer and this year’s team had some really good wins this past summer, one that come to mind was Harrison Co in a tournament at Boyd Co. I really like MC’s chances when Potter’s on the mound.
Bourbon has some hole’s to fill with what they graduated last year. They lost a lot of their run production, but they may have one of the best young pitchers in the Region in Chase Mullins. I think Bourbon is a wait and see team this coming year.
This District is all about getting the one seed to assure yourself a chance to move on to Regional.
10thregionfan, I'd say this is a pretty good evaluation of 10th region this coming year.

Although I'm a MC homer, your spot on about GRC in the 40th. Jackson, Bell, Whittman and Turner will be four solid pitchers for GRC and McQuerry is a very good hitter. Bailey will be missed at second for GRC and with his graduation I think this leaves GRC a little suspect up the middle.

MC can counter with some pretty good pitchers of their own. Seniors Combs, Potter and freshman Sam Lee will give MC three solid starter. MC needs a couple of other kids to step up and give some middle relief or for that matter a fourth starter. A few that come to mind are, Watkins, Curtis and Hall.

MC did have some good wins over the summer. Notable wins I recall were, Harrison Co., Morehead Post, Lawrence Co., Clark Co. and Greenup Co. Now granted, these were summer teams and not the complete high school lineups, but most of these teams were pretty good teams.

Also, you hit the nail on the head with your post about getting the one seed in the 40th!!!!
Not to change the subject, but I guess I’m.

643DP, with you being a MC homer and the only other 10th region fan on here, maybe you can answer a question for me? I was talking to a MC fan the other night at the GRC vs MC basketball game and ask if they knew if Potter was getting any offers from colleges. The guy I was taking to said he had heard he had been in contact with some schools, but didn’t know who. Do you know what schools are looking at him and if any of the other seniors are getting looks from colleges?
Here's what I know. Chris Duzyk, catcher for MC, has been on visits to Rhodes College and Centre. Taylor Potter has been on visits to Pikeville, Capital, Centre and Campbellsville. Potter has offers from Pikeville and Capital and should here from Centre in Janruary. No decisions have been made by either player.
Thanks, sounds promising, looks like these two get done in the classroom as well as on the field. You don't get looked at by Rhodes, Centre and Capital (Columbus, OH right?) if you aren't getting it done in the classroom. Please keep me updated on where they decide to go.
You're dead on about the 39th being the weakest district in the region... may be one of the weakest in the state. Mason and Bracken will come out, and both will head home early from the regional tournament.
Looks very accurate to me. Campbell County has the tools this year to challenge Harrison. They have a core of juniors to match-up with Harrison's juniors, as these kids have competed over the years against each other in summer ball on equal terms. Pitching will be key for the Camels as they return ace Adam Broering from an outstanding '09 season. The key however comes in the new Camels coaching staff. Scott Schweitzer, formely of the St. Louis Cardinals, has taken over the program from Coach Herringer. Schweitzer is a pitching guru and is one of the brightest up and coming strategist's in HS baseball.

Due to the way the program ran in the past, Seniors played, whether they were deserved or not. That will change with the new staff. The Junior class is one of the most telented in the 10th region, if not the state. Expect Juniors: Kremer, Rebholz, Jenkins, Shepard, Cox, Losey and Teegarden to all find starting spots, anchored by Senior third-baseman Ryan Steffan.
I think Campbell has a good shot to win region this year and next.