Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 103 Cordia 35
Letcher Central won big. From the beginning of the second quarter they played defense with each player having one foot in the paint. Near the end of the third and during the fourth quarter, they had to run a play and pass the ball before they could shoot. They were not allowed to run a fast break.

Letcher Central - Baker 18, Sexton 14, Collins 11, Banks 10, Bays 8, Eldridge 8 Campbell 8, Meade 6, Boggs 6, Cornett 4, Thomas 4,
Whitaker 3, Goodson 3.

Cordia - Mullins 15, S. Taylor 5, T. Taylor 4, Sexton 3, Hollifield 3, Couch 3,
Anthony 2.
Congrats LCC
Surprised by the score.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Obviously this is in bad taste. That big of a score differnce is not a "big win"....it is kicking someone when they are down , NO CLASS LCC:
Did you not read the initial post?
Ouch
surfside004 Wrote:Obviously this is in bad taste. That big of a score differnce is not a "big win"....it is kicking someone when they are down , NO CLASS LCC:

I think it is ironic that some posters will attack certain teams for what they feel is a case of "running up the score" and give others a free pass. Where were you when North Laurel scored over 110 points or when JBS and Southwestern when they scored over 90. LCC is a pressing team. From the second quarter on, they had one foot in the paint and allowed Cordia to shoot any outside shot they wanted. Most of the second half, they had to set up their offense, pass it three or four times before they shot. Out of the total points, only 39 was scored by starters. Rachel Baker led LCC in scoring with 18 points. She is an outstanding young lady that rarely gets to play. When she does, should she be handcuffed and told not to score. Keisha Collins is a Freshman who plays sparingly, she had 11. Nicole Banks scored
10. This is the first varsity game she has dressed for this season. Brittany Sexton is the only starter in double figures and that was in the first quarter. Every player for LCC that dressed, scored. If LCC was trying to run up the score, they would have scored over 200 and held Cordia into single digits. I do believe the KHSAA needs to look at something in regards to a clock running straight through or some other method to keep this from happening. The blame or responsibility cannot be put on the winning team all the time.
congrats lcc
Coach Dickie Adams displayed the upmost of class during this game...There was nothing else any coach could have done..Coach Adams even took out a player for getting out the paint on defense..My compliments goes to Coach Adams and his LCC Lady Cougars...
LCC has a really good team.

Congrats on the big win.
Dang.
If you are up by 30 the clock needs to continuously run.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]