Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Holmes
53.33%
McEachern, GA
46.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holmes vs. McEachern (GA) 12/18
McEachern travels to Louisville to take on the Dogs Friday night at 9:00 in the first round of the King of the Bluegrass.

McEachern features the #55 player in the country in 6'3 Trae Golden, who is a 4* Tennessee commit.

Thoughts?
They are 5-1 and ranked #11 in the state of Georgia according to Maxpreps, and will face Fairdale the night before playing Holmes. On the season they have score between 60-70 points and most of there games have been tight. One blowout win vs Kennisaw Mountain (84-58). There last game was against Harrison (GA.) High school (3-4), they won 71-65. I will try to dig up some more information on them if I can.
Size wise they have one 6'8 kid who is a senior, a 6'5 kid who is a Jr., two kids 6'4 who are a Sr. and Soph, Golden is 6'3 and they have another Captin who is a 6'1 point guard. They have one more guy listed at 6'3 all others are under 6'1. I am not sure who plays where or who starts, just seen some heights. Of course conventional thinking would say the 6'8 senior is a center lol
Last year they were 22-4
ESPN Rates Golden as the #33 shooting guard in his class and mentions his ability to light it up from outside. They also mention that he was an Ohio St committ first before de-committing and signing with Tennessee.

ESPN also had Ricardo Johnson listed as the #46 SG this year so it isn't much off of Golden's pace

Elijah is listed the #52 SF, JJ the #94 SG, and Kevon the #56 SF next year. With that being said I am not wowed by Golden's rating, Holmes has players of his caliber according to ESPN.
Dawgs 62-55
Holmes by 8
Holmes by 10
Match ups:

6'3 Slusher v 6'1 Roberts
6'5 J. Johnson v 6'1 Richards
6'5 R. Johnson v 6'3 Golden
6'6 Rice v 6'4 Gist
6'8 Pittman v 6'5 Anderson

Holmes should have a significant height advantage and I think because of that their defense will be the deciding factor in the game.

Holmes by 5-10.
Reading up on McEachern they like to go with a smaller lineup (hence the starters) so they can get out and run and use their athleticism.

Anderson and Roberts are both football stars for McEachern. Anderson is a tight end and Roberts is an outside linebacker that's receiving interest from Uconn, Louisville, and Georgia Tech.

Others that you'll see off the bench for McEachern:

5'10 Richardson ; 5'9 Fletcher

I didn't see anything on the 6'8 kid or the 6'4 twins that McEachern has in the sophomore class. One of the twins is the starting Qb for the football team though.
Holmes by 3, 62-59.
any radiocast of this game btw?
hoonsaunglee Wrote:any radiocast of this game btw?

Either myself or Tezzy will be on here during the game giving updates.
I'll go with Holmes by 12.
Holmes goes down in this one.
Final