Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott Co. 69 - Rockcastle Co. 66
Congrats to Scott. see you if a few weeks
I am not saying this to be vengeful or to diminish the Cardinals accomplishments, but when they play again in Mt. Sterling (Montgomery County) Rock will probably win in a blowout.

Rock looked terrible! Jackie Alexander had several unforced turnovers, Rock played terrible transition defense, and they were cold from anything beyond 13 feet! #5 played a really bad game as well, and I know that she is better than that.

Hammonds still played well and the Scott County Cardinals played a wonderful game. They looked great, they were hitting a lot of shots, they did not control the ball very well though, but they did a solid job on the glass.

There will be a rematch on a neutral court....see ya then.
I agree -that in the next meeting at Montgomery Co. things will be somewhat different.
However " A blowout"???????. I just cant see this happening/from either team.Rockcastle
Co. was cold from long range,and I wondered(aloud) why they did'nt continue to go to Hammonds over and over and over.NOW this kid is a PLAYER and she did score pretty much at will against Scott Co.'s defense.And their defense was from a 8th/9th/and 10th grade players.I honestly felt that Hammonds would score in the 35-40 pt range.If she had remained on the floor in the last seconds of the game-the outcome very well could have been different.I was impressed with Lawrence as she should what John Wayne would
be proud of and that is TRUE GRIT-that girl will get after you in a hurry.I have to say that the Rock will be(in my opinion) final four State Tournament bound.And I also have to say that Webb-Stainback and company will be there also.Great game to both teams.
Congrats RC
12/11/2009
Scott Co. 69
Rockcastle Co. 66
Rockcastle Co. 18 21 8 19 66

Scott Co. 18 16 18 17 69

Rockcastle Co. ( 3-1) -- Hammond 27, Alexander 12, Abney 9, Lawrence 8, Burton 6, MDulay 2, Aron 2.
Scott County (3-1) -- Webb 28, Stainback 19, Christopher 8, Logsdon 8, Guyn 2, McKenzie 4.
http://www.kentucky.com/945/story/1040334.html
Smart coaching from Coaches' Helton to take the ball out of Lawrence's hands. It made the other girls have to step up and Lawrence work harder. Its the first time I've ever seen Hammonds breathing hard during a time-out. She played a heck of a game.
Stardust Wrote:Congrats RC

Thanks but.........SC (Scott County) won this game.