Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason Co. 58 Scott 49
Final
Mason Co. wins a huge 10th region matchup. If Scott was going to beat MC, this would be the year. I guess the Royals still have something to say about this year and are not letting the Pawsatt injury keep them down
THx BCA, I was trying to merge and couldn't get the other link, because it had already changed...
I thought Scott would take this one.

Congrats Royals!
Mason County jumps out to an early 10 point lead in the 1st. Using a lot of backdoor cuts to the basket and getting a lot of layups, great passing and ball movement.

Scott makes the adjustments, hits a few shots and gets back in the game in the 2nd. I believe it was just a 3 point game at the half.

Third quarter goes back and forth, 4th quarter is back and forth and fairly even til the last few minutes when Mason County pulls away and hits free throws.

Just a tough, physical game with both teams going all out. Scott will win a lot of games with their two kids inside, Mason County will continue to win games because of their defense. It's what carried them last year and what will carry them this year.

Scott wins the JV game by 5, I think the final was 41-36, saying it was very ugly is being kind. All kinds of turnovers, missed shots and so forth, just not the prettiest thing to watch.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I thought Scott would take this one.

Congrats Royals!

Not when it is at the Fieldhouse.
Mason Co. 58 Scott 49

Scott 10 15 13 11 49

Mason Co. 20 8 11 19 58

Scott (2-1) -- Haynes 7, Smith 5, Niederegger 16, O'Conner 6, Jones 13, Farris 2.
Mason Co. (2-0) -- J. Lang 5, Gilbert 11, Black 15, B. Lang 11, Setty 13, King 3.
http://www.kentucky.com/945/story/1040329.html
Niederegger with 16 and Jones with 14...I believe I stated that MC would have a tough time matching up with their athleticism.

Solid win for the Royals though. Scott is a good team.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Niederegger with 16 and Jones with 14...I believe I stated that MC would have a tough time matching up with their athleticism.

Solid win for the Royals though. Scott is a good team.

Arrogant much? :eyeroll: