Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Rose Hill Defection
Ethan Parsons to transfer to Lawrence County per the Independent.
Will he be able to play on the team or will he sit out this year?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
People come to Rose Hill for the Christian education.
They leave for athletics.
Some faith.
He's going to Lawrence Co., not Oak Hill Academy. Nice stone toss, poor aim.
royal blueblood Wrote:People come to Rose Hill for the Christian education.
I think it would be safe to say (and patently self obvious) that only SOME people come to Rose Hill for the Christian education.

If anyone thinks that OJ Mayo and Bill Walker came to Rose Hill for the Christian education ...

royal blueblood Wrote:They leave for athletics. Some faith.
Some left because they grew tired of the circus. Some left because they felt like the academics were better at other schools. Some left because they wanted to participate in sports at other schools.

I say this because I've been told each of these reasons by the parents of kids that have left the program over the years. I'm sure there are probably other reasons as well. The truth is, there are kids that have left every school in the state for each of those reasons.

On the other hand, no one needs to use religion as a justification to transfer to a public school, when the true reason is something else altogether.
Claire Virgin has also transferred out of RH. I have heard she is going to Fairview. She played volleyball, softball, and track.
For those kids that your so carelessly talking about they had faith. The had faith in a school they was supposed to be different, not being under investigation for recruiting violation, financial aid, transfer rule, practice of ineligible students, supplying information and institutional control (Per KHSAA). I might add as well that these violations they were found guilty of. For you to say those kids that have left had "some faith" is irresponsible.
I'm curious royal blueblood, if you were attending a church and the pastor had allegations of wrongdoing laid at his feet, would you leave? Even if it was to change to another church, would you then have lost your faith?

Just wonderin' where your thought process is, or if it was just an attempt to throw some kids under the old bus. Classy either way.:Thumbs:
When someone states they are coming to Rose Hill because they want their child to be educated in a Christian School, all I hear is that this is a lie. I have taken up for those people and now that things are tough and they are leaving I'm being called out for questioning that motive.

TruthandJustice, if they are placing their trust in those things you have stated, then they are placing their trust in the wrong things. I am keeping my kids at the school and I also have been let down by this situation. My kids are also effected by the actions of these adults. But I chose a Christian education for my kids and I am staying and placing my faith in Christ who brought me here.

OU812, again I would keep my faith in God. In your scenario, I would stay with the church, providing the pastor left. In this situation those who were involved with willful wrongdoing have left. So again I am staying.

My statement was not to question their faith in leaving, but their real motives in coming to the school. I guess since I am not in the anti-Rose Hill society I can't do that. This isn't throwing the kids under the bus either. My question is the motives of the parents.
royal blueblood Wrote:When someone states they are coming to Rose Hill because they want their child to be educated in a Christian School, all I hear is that this is a lie. I have taken up for those people and now that things are tough and they are leaving I'm being called out for questioning that motive.

TruthandJustice, if they are placing their trust in those things you have stated, then they are placing their trust in the wrong things. I am keeping my kids at the school and I also have been let down by this situation. My kids are also effected by the actions of these adults. But I chose a Christian education for my kids and I am staying and placing my faith in Christ who brought me here.
OU812, again I would keep my faith in God. In your scenario, I would stay with the church, providing the pastor left. In this situation those who were involved with willful wrongdoing have left. So again I am staying.

My statement was not to question their faith in leaving, but their real motives in coming to the school. I guess since I am not in the anti-Rose Hill society I can't do that. This isn't throwing the kids under the bus either. My question is the motives of the parents.
I think that's great. Now, if Christ makes it clear to you that you should leave, would you go? And if you went, would you then have lost your faith by following Christ's lead out of that situation?
My issue with your blanket statement is that you have no clue what the Holy Spirit has lead some of those that left to do, yet you sit in judgement over their faith. Hypocrisy to say the least.
Squid Wrote:I think it would be safe to say (and patently self obvious) that only SOME people come to Rose Hill for the Christian education.

If anyone thinks that OJ Mayo and Bill Walker came to Rose Hill for the Christian education ...

Some left because they grew tired of the circus. Some left because they felt like the academics were better at other schools. Some left because they wanted to participate in sports at other schools.

I say this because I've been told each of these reasons by the parents of kids that have left the program over the years. I'm sure there are probably other reasons as well. The truth is, there are kids that have left every school in the state for each of those reasons.

On the other hand, no one needs to use religion as a justification to transfer to a public school, when the true reason is something else altogether.
Good post
Parsons is from Lawrence County... as a matter of fact his entire family is. My understanding is the only reason he left is because of the "circus" that was being played out at LC Schools... the "ring leader" of that circus is now gone so why not come back? I say, good move son!
royal blueblood Wrote:My statement was not to question their faith in leaving, but their real motives in coming to the school. I guess since I am not in the anti-Rose Hill society I can't do that. This isn't throwing the kids under the bus either. My question is the motives of the parents.
I can't speak for the kid or parents in this situation or any for that matter, nor will I, but I do get what you are saying.
OU812 Wrote:I think that's great. Now, if Christ makes it clear to you that you should leave, would you go? And if you went, would you then have lost your faith by following Christ's lead out of that situation?
My issue with your blanket statement is that you have no clue what the Holy Spirit has lead some of those that left to do, yet you sit in judgement over their faith. Hypocrisy to say the least.

God is the only one who can judge someone's faith. I am taking exception to the expression of that faith.
royal blueblood Wrote:God is the only one who can judge someone's faith. I am taking exception to the expression of that faith.

You call it taking exception, I call it sitting in judgement. Semantics. Perhaps you could put your bitterness away, step outside yourself and see some other perspectives. Doesn't mean that those people have "lost their religion". As for Parsons, his future is in baseball, not sure that Rose Hill will field a team. Yet you condemn them.
OU812 Wrote:You call it taking exception, I call it sitting in judgement. Semantics. Perhaps you could put your bitterness away, step outside yourself and see some other perspectives. Doesn't mean that those people have "lost their religion". As for Parsons, his future is in baseball, not sure that Rose Hill will field a team. Yet you condemn them.

I'm wrong. I'm sorry I spoke out. Won't make that mistake again.
The real concern for the Rose Hill backers should not be that they have lost their center, but that his mother (currently the principal) may well be getting ready to leave next.

If they lose her, then whoever steps into that position has to pick up the pieces (once again) and move forward with meeting the demands that the KHSAA has placed on the administration.

It may be that, sooner or later, the best move may be to leave the KHSAA altogether, and go the route of other small schools.
Squid Wrote:The real concern for the Rose Hill backers should not be that they have lost their center, but that his mother (currently the principal) may well be getting ready to leave next.

If they lose her, then whoever steps into that position has to pick up the pieces (once again) and move forward with meeting the demands that the KHSAA has placed on the administration.

It may be that, sooner or later, the best move may be to leave the KHSAA altogether, and go the route of other small schools.
Website says Jerry Foster is principal. Did she not replace Randy Douglas as school administrator?
With all of the turmoil, I'm not sure what the setup is out there, OU.

Maybe one of the Rose Hill faithful can tell us who is calling the shots now.