Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paducah Tilghman 21 Somerset 0 (3A State Championship)
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Add to that the home side where Somerset fans were was in the shade.
Yes....yes it was cold! Tough day for SHS......but a great season overall. I thought in the opening of the 3rd SHS would come out and score......and then ANOTHER TO.....and that droped ball at the goal line would have been a HUGE momentum changer......but woulda couldas are old news.......great job PT.....outstanding defensive plan and execution!
I think Tilghman studied the Somerset - Wayne Co. game very closely and took a cue from the success that night Wayne Co. had with the stunts and the sacks. I do not think PT has a defensive lineman over 210 lbs but all can run a sub 5 and two can easily dunk a basketball. Number #77, Brandon Hamilton, played the game of his life. It was not a pretty game, but then this was not a pretty season. Most teams run 40 yd sprints or gassers. At PT, it is 100 yard sprints every day. If you do not have agility and speed and are not willing to run a lot, you will not play much for Randy Wyatt. I am a little weary of people dissing 3A this year and also dissing this game. More than any other class I thought 3A has parity. Play another game, the outcome might have been different. Any team in the playoffs could have won it and that is how it should be. It was wide open. Lots of turnovers because both teams were trying to do something with the outstanding athletes they had. I thought we were lucky to come home with a win. The unsung hero is Larry Shanks, the PT defensive coordinator who came aboard this summer when Graves Co. changed coaches. It took several weeks to get the system down and for players to learn the complex sets, but it was defense that brought the title home. Hope we get to meet again next year.
After seeing Tilghman manhandle Union County, I just about knew that they would come out of the season 3A champions.

Congrats to both teams on great years!
PT Coach get s the Gator Bath[Image: http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af41/...G_2344.jpg]
and a second gator bath

[Image: http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af41/...G_2354.jpg]