Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK expects big NBA scout turnout for Saturday
UK expects big NBA scout turnout for Saturday
By Eric Lindsey on December 3, 2009 5:16 PM | No TrackBacks
Update: Note at the bottom that it's the first time three general managers have attended a game in Peevy's tenure. Earlier I indicated incorrectly that it's the first time a GM has attended a UK game in Peevy's tenure, which is obviously not true. Apologies for the confusion.

Thumbnail image for images.jpgA lot of potential NBA talent will be on the floor Saturday in Rupp Arena when Kentucky and North Carolina square off.

Believe me when I say as many as seven or eight players on the floor could be playing in the NBA sometime in the near future, maybe even more. And that's no exaggeration.

As reported by Alan Cutler earlier this afternoon, numerous NBA scouts will be in attendance Saturday to scout the talent. To verify the numbers a bit, a total of 17 scouts and three general managers will be representing 18 different NBA teams at Saturday's game (in the best interest of all 30 NBA teams, UK cannot release the teams attending ahead of time).

DeWayne Peevy, spokesman for the UK men's basketball team, said it's the first time to his knowledge that three general managers have attended a UK basketball game since he's been here. Peevy is currently in his second year with UK.

The NBA representation is the largest turnout UK has had for a game in the last three seasons, according to previous UK seating charts. Only last year's Florida (18 scouts) and Mississippi State (15 scouts) games in Rupp Arena rivaled Saturday's expected turnout.
wow. thats pretty cool..

I was gonna attend this game but didnt wanna pay big money for seats down low and didnt wanna settle for seats in the Nose Bleeds.

Should be a great game!!!
Lot's of NBA players on both squads
been a while since we had scouts there LOL
People will get their moneys worth in this. A lot of future NBA stars going to be on the florr.
logmountainboy64 Wrote:been a while since we had scouts there LOL

Not true. We have been sending someone to the NBA every year for a while
John Wall will go to the NBA after this year IMO.
maybe cousins, wall, patterson and UNC's Marcus Ginyard and Deon Thompson could all play for the nets and help them win a few LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]