Poll: What is the outcome of this game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Eastern in a tight one
0%
St. X by 10+
0%
Eastern by 10+
100.00%
St. X in a tight one
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Eastern @ Lou. St. Xavier 12/1
Opening game of the year...all I have to say is it's about time.

Eastern looks to be at the forefront of the gauntlet that is the 7th region. Remy Abell is an absolute stud and I look for him to be the star of a stacked team. Ranked in the Rivals Top 150, after a successful AAU circuit, the sky is the limit for his talent. The biggest surprise for me was the development of 6' 7" Lyonell Gaines, already a formidable player down low. He has opened himself up to playing facing the basket with his shooting and ball handling having improved immensely. Senior guard Delquan Thomas is as tough of a point guard as you will see all season, a hard nosed rebounder and very strong when finishing at the basket. Look for him to do big things in leading this Eastern team this season.

As it is early in the year, I know very little about the St.X team. Unless they had John Wall transfer in during the off season I do not see Eastern having much trouble with Kevin Klein's Tigers.

Eastern by 15+
Eastern by 14
Eastern should win this comfortably. I don't think they'll blow the Tigers out, but only because X plays solid defense and will try to slow the game down against the more athletic and talented Eagles.

Eastern 63
St. X 48
Eastern by 15+