Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 44 - Shelby Valley 27
Final from Corbin.
Congrats Corbin
I want to say congrats to the Shelby Valley Wildcats on a very good season. They had a winnable game tonight against a very tough Redhound team, but came up a little short. B.J. Roberts is a fine player and had a heck of a year.

Congrats to Corbin and good luck!
Congrats to Corbin. I hated to hear this one I think most of LC was pulling for Valley.
Congrats to the Hounds! Yet another great season for Valley as they continue to get keep getting better and better every season. No reason to hang your heads Wildcats.
Sucks that Valley's season ended tonight. I hate it for those guys. Tanner and BJ are good kids and great players. Tough loss. Best of luck to you guys in the future.
congrats corbin...valley you had a great season, good luck next year!!!!!
I hate to see this score...I was rooting for Valley all the way in this one.
Good season for the Wildcats. You guys have NOTHING to hang your heads about. Thanks to all the people rooting for them. I'd like to say Good luck Prestonsburg and Lawrence County as well. May God bless you all.
congrats to corbin,wasnt valley leading this game at one point?
Shelby Valley is a class act and Tanner Tackett and B.J. Roberts taught us all about TRUE sportsmanship. You all will go far in life with your attitudes. Thank you so much for such a refreshing perspective on not only how to play the game but sometimes more importantly how to "watch" the game.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Shelby Valley is a class act and Tanner Tackett and B.J. Roberts taught us all about TRUE sportsmanship. You all will go far in life with your attitudes. Thank you so much for such a refreshing perspective on not only how to play the game but sometimes more importantly how to "watch" the game.

:Thumbs:
Corbin 44 Shelby Valley 27

Class 2A, second round
Shelby Valley 8 12 0 7 27

Corbin 23 0 0 21 44

Scoring summary:
C--Caleb Watkins 65 run (Saxon Okuma kick); C--Watkins safety, quarterback sack in the endzone; C--Watkins 6 run (Okuma kick); C--Brady Foley 9 run (Okuma kick); S--B.J. Roberts 8 run (Donovan Hamilton pass from Cody Varney); S--Roberts 40 run (run failed); S--Roberts 6 run (kick failed); C--Ryan Fritts 1 run (Okuma kick); C--Watkins 4 run (Okuma kick); S--Roberts 50 kickoff return (Tackertt Trevor kick); C--Ben House 23 pass from Roman Mitchell (Okuma kick).

Records: Shelby Valley 8-3, Corbin 9-2.

More details: Caleb Watkins ran 24 times for 228 yards and three touchdowns and added a safety on defense, and the host Redhounds scored 21 points in the fourth quarter to put away Shelby Valley.
Kentucky.com
B.J. Roberts had a 85 yard kickoff return to one of the best teams in the state, that says alot about him
Didn't see this one coming. Congrats Corbin and don't get down wildcats you had a great season.
I was able to hear the last few minutes of the game from here in Corbin (had to work). The announcers where talking about how the score would not really reflect the true closeness of this game. Shelby Valley really gave the hounds a good game . They said they had never watched a game with so many momentum changes . What do You Think happened to change the game for Corbin? Shelby Valley?
I really and truthfully expected Shelby Valley to play a better game than this but, none the less Congrats to the Redhounds!
Armchair Coach Wrote:I was able to hear the last few minutes of the game from here in Corbin (had to work). The announcers where talking about how the score would not really reflect the true closeness of this game. Shelby Valley really gave the hounds a good game . They said they had never watched a game with so many momentum changes . What do You Think happened to change the game for Corbin? Shelby Valley?

The fumble by on the kickoff. Corbin is built to run out a clock. great game.
leecoukfan Wrote:I really and truthfully expected Shelby Valley to play a better game than this but, none the less Congrats to the Redhounds!

Not sure about this......the game was dog fight with Watkins and Roberts trading blows like heavyweight champs. Really fun to watch.
Not trying to start anything here, but why are so many people agianst corbin?? Do you all hate us that bad or just like the under dogs?
5timechamp Wrote:Not sure about this......the game was dog fight with Watkins and Roberts trading blows like heavyweight champs. Really fun to watch.

I guess i should have said that i expected the score to be closer because i expected the winner to only win by a TD or less.
From what i hear coaching had alot to do with the momentum changes during this game. What do you think?
What it looked like from the Corbin side was the Redhounds got over confident after the 23 point explosion. (Shelby Valley turned out to be a very good football team) That along with a string of penalties on Corbin really seemed to swing the MO. During halftime I believe the Redhounds had their rose colored glasses removed by several unnamed coaches and rest is history. Now on to Prestonsburg. Good luck Redhounds.