Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Country Music Singers Against Mountain Top Development
Charleston Gazette - November 10, 2009

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A group of music figures has begun a campaign against mountaintop coal removal.

The campaign, Music Saves Mountains, is sponsored by the Natural Resources Defense Council and the Gibson Foundation. Robert F. Kennedy Jr., a senior attorney with the council, addressed those attending a meeting Monday night.

Those at the gathering included Emmylou Harris, Randy Travis, Big Kenny Alphin, Dierks Bentley, Delbert McClinton, Kid Rock and J.D. Souther.

Harris said protection is needed for the Appalachian mountains, where country music was born and is celebrated in song.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
This was an email I got from Friends Of Coal. What really ****es me off is that Dierks Bentley was just at the big concert deal at Buckhorn that supports coal.
maybe they are going to pay every body's bills
Could not believe this. Randy Travis and Dierks can eat a fat ****!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Could not believe this. Randy Travis and Dierks can eat a fat ****!

:rockon: Agreed. And I think Kid Rock is just afraid that if we continue to strip mine, there won't be enough tree lines to hide all the marajuana growin and moonshine steels, lol.
Yea this doesnt suprise me at all ...Kid rock is from Detroit, I bet he would support cars what do you all think?....ahh those are probably mostly city slickers heard about it on CNN or some BS andgoing on hearsay....
Randy Travis sticking his nose into all of this is one that really bothers me. I have always been a fan..